Chapter Three: Soul

Here's another chappy because I'm so nice! :)))
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
_______________
I couldn't get over the feelings I had for Maka. It sparked when I first took the hit from Crona, and earned a scar across my chest. It's been sparked here and there, but only did it catch fire when I took the Kishin's laser for her. I remember the feeling starting to burn when she came to save me from the madness, and I remember the agony of letting her alone, all by herself.

It's more than friendship, more than partnership, and stronger than a meister-weapon relationship. I look at Maka differently then I do with other girls. It's like I have eyes for her, and only her.

The day we thought we had one witch soul left to collect, Maka said all guys are the same: filthy and cold hearted. I want to show her that I'm different, and that I truly care.

Problem is, I can't tell if she feels the same. I don't want to shoot for a target that's not even there.

The way Maka looked at me when she revealed something that no one else knew about her: she's not only a meister, but a weapon too. She came to me, not Death, or Stein, or Tsubaki, or anyone. Me. I know it's a secret that I will always keep; and until she wants someone else to know, I'll keep my mouth shut.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and I turned over in bed to check the time: midnight. The door slowly opened and Maka peaked her head in. "Soul?" She softly called out. "Are you awake?"

"Yeah." I replied, and sat up in my bed. "What is it?"

"Can I come in?" Maka asked, and I got a good look at her face. She'd been crying, but why?

I got up and opened the door all the way. "Maka, what's wrong-" Maka stumbled into my chest and started crying again. "Maka?" I put my arms around her, and for awhile we stayed like that until she pulled away and looked me in the eyes.

"Promise me you won't die protecting me." Maka said.

"What?"

"Promise me you won't die on the battle field." She said more firmly.

"Maka-"

"Promise me you'll die of old age after you've lived a long happy life."

"Maka-"

"Promise me."

"Maka-"

"Soul, promise me!" Maka yelled and pulled me close to her as tears rolled down her cheeks.

I wrapped my arms around her again and sighed. "I promise, now can you tell me what this is all about?"

I brought her to the side of my bed and she sat next to me in her pink pajamas. "I've been getting nightmares ever since I fought the Kishin. It keeps getting worse and worse.... In this one, you died right in front of me, in my arms. You were just trying to save me, I didn't do anything either, I just sat there and cried..." Maka was bawling now, so I pulled her in once more and help her tight.

"I promise that won't ever happen." I promise. I remember how guilty Maka felt when I jumped in front of Crona's blade. She thought it was her fault that I was hurt. I don't want her to feel bad like that ever again.

"I keep getting nightmares about not being able to control my body, and accidentally hurting other people." Maka looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "Can you teach me how to control it?" She asked. "Please?"

I started at her for awhile not knowing what to say. Maka was actually asking for me to help her, in a way that is only possible for some people to teach. She trusted me enough to ask for help. "Yeah, sure." I answered dumbly.

"Thank you so much." Maka replied and buried her face back into my chest. Thankfully, it was dark, and she couldn't see my face which was probably a little red.

A few minutes passed until I finally broke the silence. "It's already really late, we have school tomorrow and you need rest." I said to Maka.

"No, I can't sleep. I'll just get more nightmares." She shook her head at the thought of more nightmares.

"Then at least lay down and rest your eyes." I suggested.

Maka shook her head again. "I could accidentally fall asleep."

"What if you lay next to me, and then I'll make sure you don't fall asleep?" Wait, did I just ask her what I think I asked her?

Maka didn't look at me, but I heard her mumble an "okay." She agreed? Why the hell did she agree to laying in bed with me?

We both awkwardly shifted around until we were both under the covers, and Maka laid her head on my chest. I flushed bright red, and looked down at her. "Uh, Maka?" I asked. Maybe she didn't notice?

She didn't reply and I heard a soft snore. "God, all that fuss about not falling asleep was for nothing, huh?" I lightly chuckled to myself. What the hell I guess. I wrapped one arm around Maka.

I smiled. I wouldn't mind if she acted up again tomorrow night. "Goodnight, Maka." I said, and then mumbled under my breath just in case she was still she was still awake: "I love you."

I hugged Maka tight as I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

_________________________
This is crap, I know it is.
0/10
0 's
Bad reviews.
No votes.

Oh well, it's still fun writing it! So too bad if you don't like it! Because I think it's 10/10! 5 's! Great reviews! Lots of votes!

Okay, maybe not that good, but still.

CUT!!!!

Soul and Maka, take five.

Soul.

Maka.

Hello?

Hey, love birds.

Hello?

GET THE HELL OUT OF THE BED AND TAKE FIVE!!!
__________________
Eh hem.

Sorry 'bout that...

It's all cool now.

Author's note scene 2, take 307.

Lights.

Camera.

Action!

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading and enjoying my fanfic! Sadly, I've had no some pretty symmetrical comments!And 15 people clicked the star for BlackStar!!! Yay!! Thank you, BlackStar lovers!

Until next time, keep the votes comin!

Bye!!!*:.. o(≧▽≦)o ..:*