Chapter Eleven: Maka

A/N: okay, so i know this fic says {Soul x Maka} AND IT IS! I apologize for it not being them for the past 50000000000000 chapters but i feel as if it was necessary. I really want to show that everything is just completely falling apart if not already broken.

I actually started this chapter out as Tsubaki, but then decided to change it to Maka due to the fact that this IS a soulxmaka fic. (your welcome reader-chan) [thanks author-sama~]i will try to center it around them from now on, my apologies. this is my first fanfic after all! >~<

Without further ado, here is chapter 11, Maka:
_______________

Everything hurt.

My head was pounding, my lungs were shaky, my back was killing me, and I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't move my head, my lips, or even my fingers. All of that feeling was gone.

It felt like days. Weeks. I was so utterly bored. All I could hear was an annoying beeping sound, my shallow breathing, and occasionally another voice or two. All this down time has made me forget what sleep feels like, and it's made me forget what I was even doing to get to this state.

I tried starring out into the darkness, but it barely went out a centimeter. So I tried harder. I went off of thought and not what I could actually see. To my surprise, it worked.

A light appeared, a soft blue light that reminded me of crystal clear water, or the sky when there were no clouds. I wanted to reach out, to touch the light. I wanted to grab it and keep it, for I didn't know if I would see light ever again.

I reached toward the light, I tried to move closer, and as I struggled toward the light, the light started to slowly inch closer to me. Again and again, I reached out, wanting so badly to hold the light in my hands. I could almost feel as if the light was producing warmth too.

I started to hear whispers, voices. I couldn't tell if they were in my head, or if it was coming from this strangle light, but I do know that my name was being called.

I looked up, down, to my right, to my left, but nothing. There was nothing but this light. It was the perfect size, I could easily grasp it and hold it in my hands. It would reach me eventually, I knew it would, but it was taking forever and I was getting anxious.

I began to process the voice. It's tone, it's emotion, it's smooth yet rough sound. It reminded me of crimson satin curtains. As if I was standing in front of a window, one with a seat, and plush cushions, and the curtains blew toward me. The air blowing the curtains was a warm breeze, like that of a meadow. The same blue light came from the outside sky, and shone through the window and onto the dark floor. It was the only source of light, the rest of the room and the outside horizon was black.

But I liked it. It brought a sense of comfort, and a warm welcoming feeling. Soon enough it felt as if another person was reaching out to me. I could feel their fingers, their hands, their arms, all reach toward me. It wasn't scary though, strangely enough, their embrace was welcoming. 

My eyes were shut, and I was focused more on feeling the warmth than seeing the view. I could feel someone else now, I wasn't alone. They held me close, and I could feel their breath on my neck. My eyes remained shut, and my arms were at my sides. Again my name was called, this time a whisper, and it was right by my ear.

"Maka..."

I didn't know who this was, but they knew me, and I could feel them making an attempt to resonate with me. I decided to trust them, and left my soul open to them. I– no, we, began fading. Slipping out of this dream, and into another.