Chapter 6

It has been 3 months since we won the contest. Gabe helped me find a house for me to settle in and we found a place at the top of the hill just like I have always dreamed to live beside the sea. I offered him to stay for a while at my house while he's doing his business but he refused, it seemed like he doesn't have any plans on staying here.

    On weekends, he traveled up the hill to visit me and we would talk about anything (mostly books), watch movies or if we feel like it, we would run a car and travel without any destination in our minds. I've never felt this profound connection with someone else as I have for him.

    We were driving a car past the busy street of Sydney when the rain poured heavily outside.
    "A sudden change of weather? I'm not expecting this, " he said, eyes still on the road.

    "The forecast says it will rain tomorrow, not today, "

    "It's getting late and I can't drive you home up the hill, it will be dangerous to travel on a sloppy road." He turned to a corner and I felt the rain getting heavier outside.

    "Oh, I can check-in at a hotel to spend the night over, " I said, good thing I brought my wallet with me.

    "Don't be ridiculous, staying in a hotel would cost you a hundred bucks. You can just stay in my apartment for the night, " he insisted. Come to think of it, I've never been in his place, not even once.

    "I'll come with you in one condition, "

    "Spill,"

    "Don't take advantage of me, " I said as he shook his head and laughed.

    "The thought barely crossed my mind. "

_____

    We got out of his car so by the time we were inside the apartment, our wet clothes were dripping onto the floor.

    "Wait here, I'll get you a towel, " he said as he disappeared in front of me, giving me time to scan the room. It has so much in common with the apartment I had rented since basically, mine was just next door. But the ambiance here was more masculine.

    "Here, dry yourself, " he handed me a towel, shirt, and boxer then he continued, "You can change in the bathroom, " I mumbled gratitude before walking towards the bathroom and changed into his shirt.

    I found him in the kitchen, his lean back was facing me.

    "What are you doing?" I inquired.

    "Making a pork steak. Do you want a bottle of champagne for later?" He turned around to face me as I sat on one of the kitchen stools.

    "Sounds good, "
_____

    We settled ourselves on the sofa after we ate dinner as we sipped on our glasses of champagne.

    "Have you been in love with someone?" I blurted out of nowhere and continued, "Even you don't have anything in common? Or you just feel attached to their unresponsiveness to you that's why you crave their little attention. Is that a form of being in love?"

    "Being in love is quite complicated, don't you agree? But yes, I have been in love with someone. " his eyes fixed on me as he continued, "Being in love feels like drowning for me and I'm afraid I can no longer swim back to the surface. "

To be continued.