Market

Today's the day the lovey-dovey couple is going to the market.

I really just want to spy on them...but I have to go see Jennette and Anastasius today. After visiting Jennette, I haven't been able to spend much time with the Princess, which makes me regretful, but we both understand that what I'm doing is for the best. 

There was a particular conversation that I recall, which always makes me giggle. I was feeling a bit grumpy at the slow pace of the relationship between Lucas and the Princess. I already knew that Lucas had feelings for her, but the Princess is oblivious, too oblivious! How can she figure out that Ezekiel is in love with her and not Lucas? It boggles my mind. Poor Lucas, the Princess is perfect in every way except when it comes to love. I decided to help, Lucas, feel free to thank me later. Hehe~

"Your Highness, what are your thoughts on Lucas?" I had been lounging on the couch while she hit the books.

When the question was asked, she gawked at me in confusion. Following that, she stopped her hand from writing and gave out an immediate answer which I had been expecting.

"He's a jerk. What about it?"

I did an old trick that I learned from K-Dramas.

"That's a relief. I'm not entirely sure, but now...I can't stop thinking about him." I feel like barfing, where's the mouthwash when I need it.

At that moment, one of the Princess's books fell to the ground causing a loud and dramatic 'THUD'. Her eyes wide, but quickly tried to hide them. It's as if she never thought she'd find a day where somebody close to her thought that way. Has she never thought of him as a man? She's only ever conscious of him when he transforms into his adult form or original form. 

"W-what ever do you mean?"

A stutter! This plan could go two ways, one, she could start to feel confused and start to realize her feelings, and two, she would start to realize her feelings but then not share them for the sake of our friendship. The gamble is worth the risk. After a month, I'll tell her I was just messing with her so that the second possibility won't happen.

"It may be cliche, but I've never met a magician as strong as I, and it amazes me how handsome he is. Not to mention he's so wise because of his age. His jerk side is cute, like a tsundere."

"You've got to be joking..." 

Let's hope I didn't mess anything up. Ah, I'm here, no limbs left behind. The busy market street made it almost impossible for me to find the person I was looking for, but I already knew where she was. I swiftly made my way through the heavy crowd to a specific pastry cafe.

I didn't change my appearance, just my outfit. I took a seat near Jennette and the Princess, and oh my gosh. Lucas was slightly blushing with a smug grin on his face, watching her order to her heart's content. I lifted my menu so he didn't notice me, but failure was inevitable. He had made eye contact with me and gave me a stink eye, to refute, I stuck out my tongue at him.

After I started to ignore him, I caught the eye of another man, one that I wish I hadn't. A man with hair as white as the moon, and eyes as gold as the world map in Claude's bedroom. The one and only Ezekiel. His eyes locked in mine and immediately turned invisible. I hope he thought I was just a figment of his imagination...!

Huh? Why am I even hiding from him in the beginning? Would it be that unusual for him to find me at a cafe in the capital? For some reason...I have the need to hide from him every time I see him. This isn't like me. Is my face flushed? Maybe I'm just sweating because I was nervous he'd see me.