𝔹𝕝𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝔻𝕚𝕤𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕤𝕖. [Eren X Reader]

Pairing: Eren X Reader (canonverse B))

Word count: 1.2k

Warnings: None!!

★☆★———————————————★☆★

The windows rattled as the storm passed over the ancient castle. This was only our third day staying here, and we were originally set to leave on the fourth day, but the weather had separate plans. From what we could tell from Bertholt's sleeping positions, it was going to storm for the next few days, throwing off our entire schedule.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a blinding surge of light. For just a moment, I could see the interior of the barracks, at the people who didn't . I looked out the window. One... two... three... four-

BOOM.

I tensed, the windows rattling again. My mind started racing. What if the window broke? What if the storm was worse than just thunder and lightning? What if there was something much worse barreling towards us?

I took a deep breath in, attempting to settle myself. I killed titans for a living, so why was it that a thunder storm was causing me to cower like a child under my sheets?

With a small sigh of resolve, I decided to go to the basement. It would be the perfect place to go during a storm, right? Besides, Eren was down there all alone. I figured it wouldn't hurt to go down there to at least pay him a visit.

Eren and I's relationship was... complicated, to put it simply. He annoyed me to no limit, but somehow my heart and mind came to a compromise to betray that entirely. He was determined, driven, sweet (to me, at least), and he seemed like he genuinely cared for what he was fighting for. I loved being able to be with him.

I quietly pushed myself from the bed, careful not to disturb anyone else. I made sure to grab an extra blanket on my way out of the room.

I looked down the hallway, my eyes adjusting to the darkness that somehow outdid the darkness of the small bedroom. I made my way down the hall, stopping briefly in front of Levi's office. Flickering candlelight was strewn across the hallway through a slit between the door and the doorframe. I knew he wasn't one to get a normal amount of sleep; practically the entire regiment knew that. But because I didn't bother to think about what time it may have been, I didn't think that the captain would be awake. If he was still awake and caught me sneaking out, I was scared no one would hear from me again.

I dashed past the door, rounding the next corner and standing still for a moment. I strained my ears, holding the two blankets close to my chest.

The door opened. My breath stopped, my heartbeat racing.

"Hm. Damn old castle," I heard a deep voice quip before I heard a door shutting.

I let out a sigh of relief, turning and continuing down the hall. I made my way to the entrance to the basement.

I stopped in front of the grand doors. I looked them up and down, wondering how I was supposed to open them quietly. If I opened it quickly, there would only be one loud noise, which may wake some people up, but I was sure that many would dismiss it just as Levi had, blaming it on the old castle adjusting under the pressure of the storm. Still, though, there was still the chance that people would come to investigate.

I weighed my options for a moment, staring at the doorknob. I decided that since I was already up and in danger of being caught at any moment, I might as well have make use of the extra blanket I had carried all this way.

I quickly opened the door, just wide enough for me to get through, then slipped through it, closing the door behind me.

I sighed, smiling, ready to see Eren. Due to his titan training, we hadn't been able to talk all that often. Though I wouldn't go out of my way to admit it, I really did miss being with him.