𝒞𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝑒 ℳ𝓎 ℰ𝓎𝑒𝓈 𝒪𝒻𝒻 𝑜𝒻 𝒴𝑜𝓊 [Pieck X Fem!Reader]

A/N: I'M BACK YALL SHDJHSJSJD- This week I'll be trying to catch up on all the weeks I missed so expect lots of uploads this week PHTTT- THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO PATIENT BUT PIECK SIMPS THIS ONE GOES OUT TO YALL ❤️❤️❤️

Word Count: 1.1k

Warnings: A little bit of angst thrown into a truckload of fluff PHHDJDHD-

★☆★——————————————★☆★

You sat in your small flat overlooking the heart of Marley. The room was silent aside from the ticking of a stand-up clock that stood against the far wall, the tapping of your heels against the wooden floor as you paced this way and that, and the beating of your heart against your chest.

Pieck was late. She was never late. She always arrived back home not a minute later than eight, and it was now a quarter past nine. Worry raked its fingers up and down your spine every time you thought about what may have happened.

"Hello, love!" a happy, albeit exhausted, voice came from the door, and you turned to see Pieck walking in, closing the door behind her and leaning on a table close to the door. "I'm so sorry for being late!"

You shot up, enveloping her in an embrace, relief exploding within you, causing you to squeeze her tighter.

"Awe, (Y/N)...!" She squeezed you back, holding your face gently. "I didn't mean to worry you, love." She kissed your nose, earning a small flush in return.

"No, it's ok!" you began to explain. "You're normally on time, so I just...!" You shook your head. "I'm glad you're ok."

She smiled her signature grin, shuffling to the couch and laying down on her stomach. "Ugh, I'm so sore..." Pieck looked up at you, then closed her eyes, stretching. "I was in titan form almost all day today."

You nodded sympathetically, sitting down on the couch beside her, running your hand up and down her back gently.

"Ah..." she smiled. "Thank you, (Y/N)!" Slowly, she turned around, sitting up. "Would you want to put some music on, hm?" Her eyes sparked with a mischievous glint. "I'm sure some slow dancing with the loveliest person in the world could certainly help quite a bit," she said, stretching again.

You nodded, standing, then crossed the room to the record player. "Peick, how much sense would it make for you to be dancing with yourself?" You ran your finger along the albums, searching for a specific color.

"Awe!" She giggled, putting her face in her hands. "Such a romantic!"

You put the record in its place, gently lowering the needle down onto it, and after a few soft pops and crackles, the music unfurled its melody into the air.

Smiling, you walked over to the couch, extending your hand to her with a wriggle of your eyebrows.

She mirrored your smile, a jingle of a laugh flowing from her lips. She took your hand, standing and latching onto you.

As the horns sang the intro, you led her to the center of the room, holding one of her hands in your own and wrapping your other arm around her.

You're just too good to be true
Can't take my eyes off of you

She mouthed the opening lines to you, her lips grazing the shell of your ear, and she gave you a gentle squeeze. Her steps were still small and uneasy; her knees were slightly shaky.

You'd be like Heaven to touch

You reached your hand out to her face, lightly running your thumb along her cheekbone, then did the same to her lips. She grinned, giving your finger a small peck.

I wanna hold you so much

The both of you had been practically stationary, but you began to sway back and forth, causing Pieck to hold onto you just the slightest bit tighter. You moved your hand to the side of her waist, gently providing a bit of support.

At long last love has arrived
And I thank God I'm alive

You had to force yourself to hold in your tears as Pieck sang that line under her breath, squeezing your hand as she looked up to you.

Nothing was certain with the relationship between you and Pieck: she was a Warrior used as a weapon, and you'd seen how much of a toll it had taken on her. Wether it be how empty her eyes looked after a particularly brutal mission, or the way she could barely stay awake through dinner most nights, or even her not being able to come home for days at a time. But you loved her, you really did, and you knew she loved you, too. All you wanted was to give her the best life you could.

You were snapped from your thoughts by a thumb running over your knuckles. "Are you ok...?" Her voice was concerned, a small smile on her face.

You smiled, sighing. "Yeah!"

She nodded, intertwining your fingers.

But if you feel like I feel
Please let me know that it's real
You're just too good to be true

"Here's the best part," she whispered in between soft laughs.

You had listened to this song too many times to not know what she was talking about.

Can't take my eyes off of you

The trumpets blared, the percussion keeping a strong rhythm. On each snap of the snare, you took a step out, matching your feet together after every step.

She laughed while trying to catch up, and she matched your steps to the best of your ability. "Energetic tonight, huh?" She asked, kissing your forehead gently.

You nodded, laughing. You lifted your hand above her head to twirl her as the trumpets yelled their bah-dah! bah-dah! bah-d-dah-dah! and she did the same in retaliation, your skirts flaring out around you.

As the horns trailed off, you wrapped one arm around her waist, your other hand going behind her shoulders as you sunk her into a dip.

She gave you a small kiss as you raised her back up and the chorus continued in full-swing.

I love you, baby
And if it's quite alright

There was no organization, no structure, to the dance now; you two led each other in a floating waltz, both of you smiling and holding each other close.

I need you, baby
To warm a lonely night

You put your foreheads together, stepping and swaying this way and that, the air around the flat abuzz with warmth and love.

I love you, baby
Trust in me when I say

Both of your gazes met, the pair of you having the same idea at once.

"Oh pretty baby, don't let me down I pray! Oh pretty baby, now that I found you, stay!" Your voices intwined together in a passionate harmony.

"And let me love you, baby!" You only sang half-heartedly, putting both of your hands on her cheeks.

"Let me love you...!" She sang, staring at you for a moment before closing the distance between you, meeting your lips in a soft kiss.

After finally leaning back from the kiss, Pieck looked at you, nothing but pure adoration and love in her eyes. "I love you, (Y/N)."

You grinned, blush dusting your face. You sniffed, refusing to let your mind wander to "what if's". You met her gaze, your stare mirroring hers.

"I love you, too."