Chapter 10 - New Heights

Alone in the rooftop basketball court, Michiru is mulling over what Nazuna said the other day, while you were napping back in the room for some time. Michiru dribbled the ball with a lot of force, mainly out of spite.

———

Déesse: Jumping to conclusions, taking pity on me just because you feel sorry for me, then deciding you need to help me. You're only doing it because you want to feel good about yourself.

———

Michiru: We finally got together again...and now this! Damn her!

She lobs the ball to the net, but it completely misses. To add to the hurt, it suddenly starts to pour rain. She's forced then to end off her session and just get back inside, drying herself up with a towel while you were sleeping away. She looks down at the frame of her and Nazuna at the hospital.

Michiru: I'm just doing what I feel is right. So you call that imposing my ideas on others..?

CRASH

From out of nowhere, the room was broken into by an albatross beastman that landed right onto the bed, who reverts back into his human form. However...

(Y/n): M-Michiru! What's going on?! Get him off me!

He evidently landed right on top of you, resting his head over your shoulder, completely wet at that.

———

It took some time, but eventually you managed to sneak away from under him. Though you realized he must've really been conked out, since Michiru and you practically got him perfectly positioned in the bed to rest, on top of getting his equipment off. Around the same time, the skies started to clear up of the rain.

He shuffles about in bed, waking up. He notices the bright sky hitting his face,

Pinga: Damn, I really blew it this time.

Michiru springs out from the top of the broken roof.

Michiru: You're awake?

He slips out of bed and puts on his jacket. He looks up at the roof that he landed through. Michiru, you, and Jem are putting a tarp over it.

Pinga: Oh, was that my doing?

Jem: Yes. You did a magnificent job of making a hole in the roof.

Melissa: You should stay in bed.

Pinga: No, I can't lie in bed after all the trouble I caused you.

(Y/n): No worries! Besides, you're looking in good shape.

He suddenly shifts his mannerism, observing around himself.

Pinga: Hey, you two, watch out. A gust is coming.

(Y/n): Hm..I don't believe it'll be that stro-

All of a sudden, a strong gust of wind arrives, nearly knocking you off your feet, but making Michiru nearly fly off. You quickly grabbed her hand, but she could hold on and slipped.

(Y/n): Michiru!

But over your head, Pinga comes around and catches her before she could get completely blown off. You all blow a sigh of relief.

———

After that, he was treated with breakfast as means of gratitude.

Michiru: Has it been a while since you've eaten?

Pinga: I was on the wing for a long time.

Melissa: You mean you've escaped here to Animacity?

Jem: Then you need to register as a citizen.