He's Back

Draco apparated onto the steps of Sirius and Remus's house. It was a small cottage on a quiet street. You could hear the ocean crashing further off and if you took a short walk down the road you'd reach the beach.

The door was ajar, so he pushed his way in.

Sirius and Remus were in the kitchen and walked out when they heard the door creek open.

"She's upstairs," Remus pointed, "Kicked us out."

Draco nodded.

He walked up the stairs slowly.

-

Narcissa had shown up at the beach house a few minutes earlier and hurried into his room.

"Draco," She said, knocking on the door.

He clambered out of bed and opened it.

She looked slightly nervous and he frowned, "What is it, hows Cass."

"Well she overheard.. a bit."

"What," He snapped in shock.

"She's upset and she wants you but I didn't think it was a good idea to bring her back."

"Yeah no shit."

"Draco, language please," She scolded as he grabbed a pair of socks from his dresser and slipped his wand into his pocket.

"I'm 21 I can swear if I want, what are you gonna do, ground me," He rolled his eyes, walking past her to the front door.

"I will not hesitate to," Narcissa chastened.

"Great, and who's the one that forgot to cast a silencing spell and let my daughter hear everything she's not supposed to," He shot back.

Narcissa went to speak but he spun on the front steps and disapperated.

-

His hand rested on the doorknob as he pushed it open.

Cassie was lying in bed facing the wall.

She turned when she heard the lock click shut.

Draco stood, looking down at her with a raised brow.

"The troublemaker strikes again," he sighed, "move over," he added as he slipped into the bed beside his daughter.

"Sorry," Cassie whispered, crawling under his arm instantaneously.

"It's all fine Cass but you shouldn't have done that you know that right," Cass nodded, "And your fuc-, stupid uncles should have cast a silencing charm."

Silence fell over them.

"Is he really back?" She asked.

"Yeah, Harry's back."

"Why?"

Draco sighed, "Honestly Cass, I wish I knew."

"Everyone was saying that he hurt you and I got upset and shattered the photo."

"Well that just shows that you're already a powerful little witch," Draco sighed.

"As powerful as you?" She asked.

"You're gonna grow up to be a lot more powerful than me," He responded.

"Well i'll never be as brave as you," She countered.

Draco laughed, "I'm not brave Cass."

"Yes you are you're brave because Harry's back."

Draco sat up in bed, pulling her into his lap, "Let's not talk about Harry alright, you don't need to worry about that," he muttured.