Chapter 8

Stella's POV

I waited for the moment for Kyle's lips to touch mine, but I felt something slippery that slowly squirmed down my legs.

"Wahhhh Mommy!" I hollered out as I quickly held my arms tightly around his neck.

"Wahhh snake, let's get outta here Kyle!" I yelped out while I wrapped my legs around his waist in swivet.

"Hold on." He replied with a consternated expression and quickly brought us out of off the water.

As we reached the side of the river, he quickly picked up all of our things and continued to hurtle. We rushed down to the trail from earlier. We haven't got too far yet, but Kyle accidentally tripped of wich made us fall down.

We we're on the ground, along with our things scattered around. I felt terror when I couldn't stand up, while the slithery snake which I thought that would kill me any time sooner.

"F*ck Stella!" I heard Kyle squawked out.

I strenuously closed my eyes in apprehension and waited for the wriggling snake to reach my state, for I could have an unpleasant taste of it's deadly venom, which is unwelcome to my human body.

But before things in my thought could've happen, I heard a clang sound from a metal object coming from near by. It followed by a sound of foot steps in a hurry coming towards me.

I didn't know what to do or even think anymore due to the things that might have happened at the moment while I could see nothing but black and a bit of sunlight that passed through my eyelids. I surely am disoriented by this imprecise situation.

Next thing I knew I felt someone's hand's took a hold of me, and helped me stand up before I finally opened my eyes. But even though my eyes where already opened my mind was still oblivious.

"Hey are you ok?" A familiar voice spoke with perturbed tone. As that person tapped my shoulder I slowly blinked several times before I finally went back to my senses.

"Stella are you ok?" I was befuddled when I heard another voice with a worried and concerned tone approaching.

I composed myself to see both Kyle and Lucas look at me attentively.

'Wait---what? Lucas?' My brow's partially wrinkled with my thoughts.

"U-uh yeah, I'm fine." I uttered.

'But actually not.' I continued my statement in my thought.

"But you look like your not." Kyle protested.

'Exactly.' I replied with my thoughts.

"Yeah, surely your not. Thanks for speaking it out loud." Kyle spoke in sarcasm.

'Fudge little me didn't notice that I've already uttered that out loud.' I imagined I've slapped my forehead in my mind. While my eyes followed Lucas walking towards the way we've been earlier, from the river.

"What? Did I really said that out loud? Well you understood it wrong. I was pertaining to a math equation I've just solved in my mind." I replied as I faced him.

'Now what on earth did I just said?'

"Sabog ka na Ste." Kyle chortled.

'Alright, now how stupid could I get more as of today?'

"Lucas c'mon and hurry up Dre, let's go back to the rest house." He bawled at Lucas.

'Back to Lucas. Since when did he appear?' I asked in my mind, and as if on cue he spoke.

"Good thing I followed you and brought my dagger with me." My gaze went back on his way, while he grabbed his dagger from being stabbed on the snake, which I thought was cool.

"Yeah right, thanks for that Dre." Kyle spoke and thanked him but in an unpleasant way. I slowly turned back my head to see Kyle picking up our scattered stuff on the ground.

"Dahil kung nagkataong di ko kayo sinundan baka na pano na kayo." Lucas spoke again that made my gaze turn back to him, who's currently walking back towards us.

"Yeah yeah thanks again." Kyle spoke and replied in a vexatious tone.

"The thought of you guy's together exploring the wonder's and beauty of this place was fine, not until something came up into my mind. I remembered the first time checked out this place Kyle. When we we're also both chased by a snake. How could you not remember that and just went back here to bring Ste and show her around without bringing any weapon with you?" Lucas spoke again which made my head to turn back at his way to see him smirking, while looking at Kyle.

"Oh yeah, now I remember. How stupid of I not to think of that earlier." Kyle obnoxiously replied and tried to hide irritation in his voice and expression.

My gaze was going back and forth to the both of them, whom are odiously looking at each other.

"Nilalamig at nagugutom na ako. Let's go back to the rest house." I spoke to catch thier attention and cut off the tension going on between them.

Thier expressions softened as they both looked and concurrently smiled at me.

'Is it just me or was that actually wierd?' I asked as if someone would answer my question in my mind.

I massaged the temples of my head as I felt it slightly hurt. I also got concious of my wet state as I watched the ground waterlogged from the drops of my soaked clothes and body. My body shivered as I felt the breeze touch my skin.

I was startled when Kyle took off his shirt as he walked towards me after he gathered all of our stuff from the ground. He kneeled down infront of me, held my foot and made me wear my shoes. He then recurrently did the same with my other foot. He also took his pair of shoes and wore it.

Afterwards Kyle stood up with a soft smile plastered on his face as our gaze met. He placed some strands of my hair that covered up my face behind my ear and then pat my head. I was nonplus when Lucas suddenly pushed him aside and now facing me.

"Nilalamig ka right? Here wear my shirt." I blinked a couple of times as he took of his shirt right infront of me.

He offered me his shirt, and as what he have said I wore it on top of my soaked shirt.

"Thanks Lucas." I uttered and gave him a shy smile.

"C'mon let's get going." Kyle interrupt.

The atmosphere was akward and quiet as we all followed back the trail leading back to the rest house.

I felt uneasy walking soaked up with these men shirtless, who happened to be in both of my sides. I was abashed in this kind of situation, I was at the middle of them, trying not to look at thier built shirtless body.