chapter 5

Lunch was finally arriving, and it was all Kevin could do not to run out of the classroom. Mathematics. Even at his regular school mathematics had been his down fall.

His chin rested in the desk as he tried to wait out the last minutes of the class period. He groaned as the clock hands seemed to freeze in place. Nazz nudged his arm to pull his focus away.

"Mr. Wie doesn't like it students stare at the clock... Once he had us sitting here for five minutes of lunch because some one, Nat, couldn't wait to go bother a certain drama student."

Nazz shot Nat a look, the boy returned it with his tongue pointing out to her. Kevin chuckled, making a mental note to keep his eyes off the clock from there on out.

"Oh alright get out of here. I expect homework down Thursday." Woe said as the class began filtering out off the room. Kevin stretched his limbs as his friends chatted about what to do fur lunch.

He had been introduced to a beast of a boy named Rolf in second period, science, and learned that he had the skills and looks of a wolf due to a family curse.

"So Kev, you wanna get some lunch together?" Nazz asked as she moved her bags strap through her chest so it settled on her shoulder.

"Actually I have plans to have lunch with Double d." The group whooped, causing the redhead to blush. "Shut up guys..."

XxxX

Nat stayed with Kevin up to the library entrance, at which point a rather tall brunette grimaced at Nat. A wild grin stretched across Nat's face. "I gotta go dude. The princess awaits his knight. Rave baby! Wait up!"

Kevin shook his head and chuckled, pushing open the library doors. Silence greeted the redhead as he made his way into the dimly lit room. It was bigger then any other library he had seen. He set off in search of the boy inthe beanie hat. He glanced down each aisle as he sreached.

"Trying to find something Kevin?" Kevin jumped at the sound of Edd's voice from behind him. He whipped aoound.

"Shit! oh god Edd you almost gave me a heart attack."

"language please. Besides i highly doubt i could have given you a heart attack just by asking you a simple question." Edd raised his hand to cover a smile. Kevin reached up and grabbed his hand, he gently brouht it down. Edd looked at him confusely the smile slowly falling as a blush crossed his face from the physical contact.

"You shouldn't hide your smile. You're beautiful when you smile." Kevin grinned at the ravenette causing the latter to turn a bright red.

Edd stutteredand sputtered and scoffed embarassingly as he tried to find some kind of retort.

"Shall we just move on to our lunch dat--- our lunch!"

Kevin did not think the smaller male ould get any redder. He was wrong.