Chapter 9 The Librarian ship

AJ watched as the young assistant move through the bookshelves as if in a bizarre haze. It wasnt until the bell rang signaling the second lunch (Edds lunch) was commencing that the teen snapped to and began correcting the mistakes he had been making. a small sigh escaping as he did. This was one of many to come that period alone, AJ was certain of that. Still the mystery of what was the matter went on.

 For the first ten  minutes AJ watched the main doors, half expecting the wild boy to come running in shouting an apology for being late, to which Edd would shush and lecture the wild boy. Taking his glasses from his face, AJ glanced around and clicked his tongue a frown of worry casting over his features. The librarian had not gotten emotionally invested into the possible shipment of the sock head and the wild boy. He was too hooked to let it die this early.

'Something must have happened with the wild boy... if i can just get close enough i can discover the answer.'

With that final thought AJ went off to use his ability on a hopefully unsuspecting Edd.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Edd placed his treasured book upon the shelf upside down. This was number four. He cataloged it in his memory as a reference to return on his second round and correct the mistake.  He knew he had overreacted, however the embarrassment alone was enough to keep him hiding between the bookshelves. With each opening of the various doors around the library Edd jumped out of his skin a little more. He stole glances at the clock making sure he had enough time to escape to his next class once lunch was over. '30 minutes and counting as long as I stick to this plan i should avoid Kevin... but for how long...' 

Sighing, for what would be the millionth time since first meeting the red haired, tanned skinned, emerald eyed God, Dee lost himself to his own imagination as flashes of those emerald eyes flooded his mind . The electric shock he felt when their skin touched surrounded his body causing his stomach to flutter. He did not see the man watching him behind the books.

Suddenly he felt sick, the sudden emotions Kevin drew from the sock head were more then he had ever endured. Once again he remembered the incident. The color drained from his face as Edd crumpled to the ground, the last of the his books in a pile next to him. He hugged his legs against his chest, closing his eyes tightly.  The electricity was gone and with it, his energy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Eddward?" A pleasantly husky voice called. It was soft and honey sweet the complete opposite of those Edd surrounded himself with. He peeked an eye up to the owner of the lovely voice and found himself face to face with the young librarian. He seemed a harmless if not ecentric young man his looks matching his personality. Edd often heard the man muttering about shipping, and thought perhaps he was looking into getting new books delivered to them however, only once had he tried asking what he was saying; it had been an instant regret until Edd had been introduced to Manga. He quickly began to understand the world this man belonged to. "Is everything alright? You seem pretty distracted.."

Edd smiled softly, adjusting his glasses, it did not surprise him anymore to find AJ worrying.  "I'm alright, sorry, my heads just not here today. I fix all my mistakes before i leave so please don-"

A quiet sad laugh cut Eddward off. "I can finish this up if you have somewhere to be or something to do."

Edd tilted his head in confusion but said nothing as the other man continued, he simply smiled and began picking the books up. He did not argue when the books were snatched from his hands nor when he was pushed towards the doors and told it was for his own good. Edd had a feeling the librarian knew something he was not leading on. "-Okay Eddward? I'll see you tomorrow so take it easy."

Edd nodded his head not saying that he had not heard what he had said. He gave a smile and a wave as he headed toward his next class. As he turned the corner and went out of view, the wild boy went running head on into the librarian.