Introduction

Dr Kim was very young and wore a pair of gold-rimmed glasses, possessing a handsome and elegant appearance. It was just unfortunate that he was reserved, serious in both his speech and mannerisms. With how solemn he was, he could even be a sculpture on display in an art museum.

He shouldn't sit here and examine my x-rays, was what I thought. He should instead, be a kpop idol surrounded by a bunch of screaming, young, and ignorant girls while flashing his most attractive gaze.

"Mr Han, I suggest that you should inform your family about this." He lifted his head to look at me in all seriousness.

Having seen a lot of Kdrama, I understood what this meant clearly.

"Is it cancer?" I asked.

He shook his head. "We're not sure yet. You still have to undergo a biopsy test before there's a confirmation, so there's no need for you to despair too much."

I laughed out loud.

Despair? I don't even have any strength to despair.

Dr Kim frowned at me. Maybe he had thought I was in too much shock and lost control of my emotions.

I vigorously shook my head at him, signalling that I was fine.

"When do I have to undergo the test?" I asked him.

He replied that the sooner it was done, the better it would be.

After agreeing on an appointment time with the doctor, I took a taxi back to my apartment.

The room was empty, the curtains were drawn tight, and there was no trace of anyone.

The shattered glass cup remained in its place since the night before. I was too lazy to clean it up.

Sitting on the sofa and turning on the TV, it revealed the heroine suffering from a terminal illness. The two males were so overwhelmed with grief that they hardly wished to live; desiring to live and die together. It wasn't touching at all.

Suddenly, I felt unparalleled pity for myself.

Jisung, you detestable person, no one in the world loves you.

Before going to bed, I fished out a bottle of sleeping pills from my coat pocket.

Last night, I had decided to end my life. However, while I was pouring a cup of water in the kitchen, I suddenly fainted and remained unconscious until today afternoon, with no one knowing any better.

Going to the hospital alone, I had also wasted a lot of money just to let others examine me thoroughly. In the end, though, I only received the result of having a 50% chance of a terminal disease.

There are only a few who can have a life like Jisung, with twists and turns beyond expectations.

For a moment, I didn't understand whether the heavens wanted me to die or not.

--------

I told Chan that I wanted to resign.

Wearing an all-knowing expression, he spoke with contempt, "Jisung, I was still wondering how long you could maintain this act."

"You have to remember that you are just a pet I keep. As long as you listen to me, you will get everything you want." Chan then proceeded to pinch my chin.

"Don't be so greedy, or I will make you lose everything."

I remained silent.

He pinched my chin harder and said, "Why are you not speaking?"

There was a threat in his words.

So I obediently replied, "Yes, I will not be so greedy anymore."

...