Father like Son

I woke up feeling Jeongin's gaze. As soon as I opened my eyes, I saw him sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at me in silence. I didn't know how long he had remained like that.

I'm glad I slept in my clothes last night. Otherwise, it would be embarrassing to dress in front of him at this moment.

"You shouldn't come into my room anytime you desire." I sat up. "You gave me a fright."

"Sorry, I just wanted to see you." When he spoke, he looked a little exhausted. Perhaps what he did last night had kept him occupied, and he didn't manage to sleep.

Besides, what else could I say? As someone living in Yang's house, I could only temporarily submit myself and go along with him.

The weather today was fine and cloudless while bright sunshine fell into the room. It was during this moment that I finally saw the other person in front of me clearly. Dressed in black, his hair was very neat, and he was so much more mature compared to him from years ago.

He was the second son of the Yang family and not the youth I met who had nothing.

Instead, on the contrary, I had become poor and lost control of my life.

"I haven't seen you in years," he said. "I thought you would go back to the Han's, but I couldn't find you."

I asked him, "I've been elsewhere, why are you searching for me?"

As his dark eyes became fixed on me, it reminded me of the first time we met a long time ago.

In life, only the first meeting was the best. Anything after was just superfluous.

"Years ago, I abandoned you because of another reason."

I was not surprised at all.

Last night, Hongseok's vague words were enough for me to make certain deductions. I sighed, if I were living in a story, then the author really had no imagination or emotions.

"Because someone could threaten you using me?"

I was familiar with all the bad plots in dramas.

Jeongin immediately became alert. "You've met Hongseok?"

"Last night, when I got up to look for water, I met him downstairs." I continued, "He said some stuff to me, but it wasn't much."

Jeongin's face sank, and I could see the loathing he harboured towards Hongseok.

"What does he know?!"

I wryly smiled. "At least he knew more than me."

I was always the concerned party, but yet, the one who knew the least every time. Jeongin may have done it with good intentions, but I didn't feel it was anything good at all, as I could only be at a loss every time; being in agony and yet, unaware.

"However, now I know," I told him. "Such a thing had happened a long time ago, so you shouldn't put it in your heart. I also don't blame you anymore."

For me, the act of leaving the Han family was not for a totally pure motive, as I had my own selfish desires. I had no right to blame him, as I should reap the fruits of my actions. It was also useless to blame others.

"No, you don't know anything at all!" He became agitated and suddenly stood up, toppling the chair over.

Looking at him, his eyes were red due to staying up all night. However, it remained sharp, like a lone wolf running in the wilderness with passion.

I then thought of Hongseok's words: "Jeongin is a devil who would destroy everything."

The young eagle I met in the past had sharpened his sharp claws.