2 - Happy New Year 2017

Fast forward to New Years Eve. From 1st January 2017 on i start my internship at the PR department at RedBull Racing. I celebrated together with Charles, Anthoine and Pierre. We laughed and spoke about our plans for 2017. Anthoine will start in the GP3 series, Charles will start in Formula 2 and Pierre is going to race in Formula E. But the big goal of all of them is Formula 1. Funny enough i was the first one being in F1. I mean it was just an internship, but i did it. I lived our dream. And everyone was happy for me.

We all had a great time. At midnight, everyone was outside kissing their s/o under the fireworks and i was in the kitchen preparing some snacks and getting more beer and fruits for the cocktails. Suddenly the boys joined me and hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I was happy that i wasn't alone. Some of their girlfriends were super jealous and so the boys went back out on the terrace of my parents house in Monaco and enjoyed the view of the Marina.

I came back out on the terrace and Pierre and his girlfriend had a huge fight. No one know what happened and so we went in and gave them their space. Charles turned to me and said „i don't know what's going on out there, but it doesn't sound good. We should have a weekend off just us without any girlfriends." i found it was a great idea. So i had an idea „it's Sunday today. So i'll get something planned for the next weekend. Just us without our s/o?". Anthoine and Charles agreed. When Pierre came back in, he was alone. You could see, that his eyes are red and puffy. No one said a word but we all saw what happened. I went up to Pierre and gave him a big hug. He put his head on my shoulder and started to cry silently. Charles came up and said „Pierre, mate i know it hurts. But you can stay at mine for a while if you want to." Pierre looked at him and nodded.

Anthoine was the first one leaving this evening followed by Charles. So Pierre and i were alone. As i prepared our guest room that he can stay the night, he fell asleep on the couch. I went up and got a blanket. I tried to tidy up the kitchen a bit, but i was so tired i sat on the couch and fell asleep too.
The next morning i woke up by smelling fresh coffee. As i opened my eyes, i saw a barely clothed Pierre in our kitchen dancing around and making breakfast.
„Good morning little Dancing Queen" i said. „Good morning Little Miss Sunshine. Ready for some hangover breakfast?" he answered. I nodded, got up and helped him. He visited us quite often, so he knew where everything was in our kitchen. „No need to help. Could you get me a shirt out of your brothers room?". I said yes and went upstairs and got him something to dress. On my way back i saw my phone on the floor. I wondered how it got there but i couldn't find an answer. I picked it up and saw some texts of Pierres now-ex.
„How could you do this to me? I'm his gf and you're no one!"
„I trusted you! You little witch!"
„I should have known it! You wanted him like forever but he was with me! You ruined my life!"

As i went back downstairs, i tripped and fell down. At the bottom of the stairs Pierre came up to me and helped me up. He asked if everything was alright and i just nodded slowly „y-yes, but what happened last night with Cate?". You could see his face impression turning sad again. After a few seconds he began „we had a huge fight. She didn't like that you're my best friend, my go-to person when i'm sad or in a bad mood. She thought there was more between us and she ended things. Lou, i wanted to ask her to marry me when she bursted out and screamed at me having an affair with you. I'm a mess. I don't know what to say". I stroke his back and his musceled relaxed a bit. But he looks gutted. I don't know how to help him. „Pierre, are you ok? You look like a zombie. Is there anything i can do for you? I don't know how it must feel, but i'm here for you! Just let me know if i can help you with anything. If you want, you can stay here until things are sorted."

After having a breakfast in the morning sun of Monte Carlo Pierre thanked me for everything and he went back to his flat to grab some clothes.
In the afternoon our group chat exploded.