001

los angeles, california1990s

1990s

ARLEY FLETCHER

arley skated down the street, her hair blowing behind her and her shirt pushing against her short frame. she leaned over to get out of the way of a car. skateboarding made arley feel free and independent, while her step-mother thought of it child's play and unladylike. arley didn't care. she was happy and that's all that mattered to arley.

the thing that arley loved most about skateboarding was how it brings people together. it's what brought arley and her friends together, but that comes up later. arley's love for skateboarding came from her adoptive mother teaching her about it. arley was brought up on underground cultures of LA, including skate culture and girls in skate culture.

the board she was using the board her mother's when she was her age and it had signatures from all the hags, along with and most importantly, arley's favorite skateboarder, peggy oki from the z-boys.

the fresh air and the sunlight beaming down on her as she pushed her leg to speed up the board, and turned the corner so she was on the street she promised her friends she'd meet them on.

"i love me mature women though," fuckshit flirted, idiotically to a few older women who watched the group of friends do tricks from the bus top. arley skated up, on the other side of the street. a kid around arley's age sat on a bike watching the boys.

"do you now?"emerson asked from the steps beside fourthgrade.

emerson and fuckshit were on and off. for right now, they'd been on. arley could remember the last time they'd broken up because emerson and fuckshit were fucking around with other people. arley also believed it was happen again. emerson and fuckshit were different in the sense that they love each other but at the same time they weren't enough.

"on your left," arley chirped as she skated around the boy's bike following after emerson, the girl hopped off the curb and skated across the street.

"baby, don't kill my vibe. you know i'm just playing-so, you sexy ladies wanna see a trick?" fuckshit turned back to the three older ladies that stood near the bus stop. they all nodded, "'ight here."

"hey, hey, hey, it's buggie!" emerson cheered. "you're finally here, bitch!"

fuckshit smoothly did a kickflip and smiled back to the ladies, before skating towards the thirteen year old girl who approached before giving the girl in a side hug. the girl went around the group clapping hands and 'bro hugs' with the boys, while the boys told arley 'happy birthday'.