014

los angeles, california 1990s(there's a lot of POV switching im sorry in advance)

1990s
(there's a lot of POV switching im sorry in advance)

EMERSON FLETCHER

ray and emerson planned a skate hang out at motor, early this summer so today was finally the day. emerson managed to get word to some executives of a skate magazine and they said they'd try and make it. arley was with estee and the others minus zoe.

zoe had been kicked out the group of friends when she bragged about banging fuckshit. estee apologized on behalf of zoe and emerson shrugged telling estee she was over it.

emerson was talking to angela when ray called her over. the girl squinted looking for him, "i'll be right back." emerson jogged to ray. "what's up?"

she looked at the two guys ray was standing with, "oh shit...you guys really came."

"your call and letter was very persuasive." one of the guys smiled. "if you don't want to skate, i think you could come write for us."

emerson smiled, "holy shit...thank you."

"we saw your clips. your group's videos are insane."

"thank you so much." ray told them.

"here's our card...we might do something today so just act natural." emerson and ray nodded, taking the small cards.

"seriously, guys, thank you." ray repeated.

"say thanks to your friend for showing you guys off." one fo the guys gestured to emerson.

ray and emerson did their short and sweet handshake before looking at the guys, "the black haired girl how old is she?"

"she's fo -"ayeee!" emerson heard from behind her. she closed her eyes and pleaded for him to go away.

fuckshit stood near ray and giggled drunkly. "olan, cut it out." emerson told him, she looked at the guys. "we'll be right back."

fuckshit touched one of the writer's hair and emerson physically wanted to die. she shoved him away and towards the store with ray following.

"are you fucking crazy?" emerson questioned him. "those were the fucking writers of the magazine we've been reading since we were kids and you were about to fuck everything up."

"look, this can't go wrong. just go talk to someone else for right now." ray said calmly as emerson stomped out.

emerson waited and ray came back out to finish talking with the guys. emerson sat down because now she was in a bad mood.

stevie drunkenly trued skating, "'ey kid, come over here real quick." emerson called.

stevie grabbed his board and walked over, "let me see that." stevie gave her the bottle.

emerson placed it beside her, "go skate it off. go talk to arley...i don't want you ending up like me and fuckshit."

"she doesn't want to talk to me." stevie hiccuped, looking over where arley was laughing with estee and the other girls. "i fucked up."

"then go unfuck it while you can."

ARLEY FLETCHER

arley was near estee and everyone while fuckshit stumbled around. he stood off to the side and arley scanned the party. stevie then stumbled into ruben, "watch out." ruben told him.

"what's your problem, dude?"

"you're my fucking problem."

a crowd formed around them as ruben shoved stevie. arley shot up along with emerson, ray, and fourthgrade. emerson and ray separated the two.

arley had a moment of indecision but opted to go with ruben to calm him down.

"the show's fucking over." emerson yelled at the people who just watched the fight.

arley sat next to ruben, "he stole my friends."

arley put a hand on his shoulder, only for ruben to harshed pushed it off. "calm the fuck down, ruben." emerson told the boy.

"you guys always go for him. you fucking save him since that's what you two always do." ruben angrily walked into the store.

EMERSON MANCHESTER

everyone cooled off and the party ended. it was around eight. the motor avenue kids for the first time were dead silent. arley gently kicked a red solo cup away from her.

"ay, some bitches finna have a party at they parent's place, let's roll nigga." fuckshit said walking to his car.

emerson and ray stood up and looked at fuckshit. he was so drunk he needed to lean on the car for support. emerson stared at him blankly. "let's roll."

ray looked back at the kids. arley was slightly dozing on fourthgrade's shoulder, ruben was staring at the ground and so was stevie. ray looked back to fuckshit.

fuckshit made eye contact with emerson, "just get in the car." fuckshit said in a slightly pleading voice.

emerson swallowed, "let's just get in..." she told the others, pulling the door open. fourthgrade and ray went into the far back and emerson, arley and ruben went to the middle. stevie sat in the front seat.

"fuckshit ...just take everybody home..." ray said, as he noticed emerson held arley's hand. she'd squeeze slightly every time fuckshit would swerve into the lane over.

"no, we're going to this fucking party." fuckshit said, with finality.

he swerved again and emerson squeezed. "fuck that! let's just call it." ray told him. "everyone here is bummed and you're scaring us with this swerving shit."

"i'm not finna let you fuck up my fuck, nigga."

"nobody's having fun."

"all the fun you have now is sucking them pros dicks." fuckshit scoffed. "stop tryna kill my fun. you used yo be hella fun. so was emerson."

a car flashed by beeping at fuckshit, emerson whimpered slightly. "just take us home please." the girl said in a shaky voice.

emerson felt like she was twelve again. she squeezed her eyes shut. the boys were still talking but it morphed into emerson's mom's voice. all the yelling felt boxed into the car. rylie was telling their mother how she wasn't going to go to college immediately and that the gap year would he-no, no, no. you have to go to college. you can't be like me-

the last thing emerson heard before the car flipped was fourthgrade, "can you just pull ove-"

"shit!"