〚 ch: five 〛

"ah, is this love? how pathetic" the man's voice was deep and cold, sending shivers up jeongwoo's spine.

a man dressed entirely in black stood in front of them, both hands tucked inside his pockets. jeongwoo could only see his eyes because the man was wearing a mask and a hat that covered his face.

he hissed at the man and glared at him, showing how much he despised his presence before asking, "who are you?" his voice was piercing

the man laughed, amused by jeongwoo's expression. with his sharp gaze and sharp voice, he knows how much jeongwoo despises him. he shrugged and leaned against the door, pushing it wide open so jeongwoo could see the girl sitting on the chair.

"you know what? look, the girl's not dead yet." he motions to the room

obviously, it was his plan. he threatened the girl with his gun, telling her to act dead, and had painted her to fake the blood. he was curious about jeongwoo's expression and had fun watching him from behind the door.

jeongwoo snarled at him, his eyes red with rage as he stared at the man in front of him "what exactly do you think you're doing? don't you play games with me!"

the man laughed for about ten seconds and then stopped, staring back at jeongwoo with emotionless eyes.

"i'm playing games? so what, what are you going to do about it?" he asked, his voice was flat that made jeongwoo even mad. now gritting his teeth in annoyance

"look bastard, i'm going to kill yo-"

the man smiled as he drew his gun and clapped. "you're planning on killing me? look at your friend, i'm sure he'll be the first to die." his voice was filled with phony concern as he nudged his chin in junghwan's direction.

jeongwoo then looks at junghwan, who is now closing his eyes in his arms, wishing he could leave but knowing he can't because of the man in front of them.

he stroked his hair, a tear falling from his eyes onto junghwan's soft cheek. he wang to save junghwan, but with the guy in front of them, it's impossible. if only he had been quick enough to carry junghwan earlier, but he wasn't. he became vulnerable when he saw the younger in this state.

"it's amusing to see your face filled with tears when looking at him, the sight is amusing to see," the man chuckled again, his hand still holding the gun.

jeongwoo gave the man a sidelong glance.

"do you find it amusing to watch others suffer? is that your idea of fun?" he asked, his voice soft and unwell. now he looks so fragile in front of the man

"yes! watching someone suffer is euph-"

he then cuts the man off with a grin on his face, a far cry from the jeongwoo the man had seen earlier "then I pity you, you have no idea what it's like to have fun. i'm sure you're one of those miserable kids at school because you're such a loser."

(a/n: lol i think i'm one of those kids)

he scoffed, his eyes now filled with sympathy for the guy. he realizes that provoking the man will only create problems, and he regrets it now that he realizes he really needs to save Junghwan.

"someone's spouting their words carelessly now, huh? let's face it, you're both at my mercy. should I put an end to your friend's life right now?" it was now the man's turn to smirk, knowing that the man jeongwoo was carrying was his weak point.

jeongwoo's eyes narrowed, drawing junghwan in closer and covering up him from the man. he growled, "don't you dare."

even though he knew it was hidden behind his mask, the guy, obviously amused by jeongwoo's face, smiled at him.