Chapter 4: The Unluckiest Class

"I feel bad for ya, but I'm sure you'll persevere. Good luck Fireheart!" Tallstar smacked Firehearts back and then sprinted off to his own class.

"Oh dear...hopefully what he said about the bullying isn't true. . ." Fireheart thought as he looked to his left and saw a sign above a door with the words: SOCIAL STUDIES.

He walked closer to his classroom and hesitantly knocked on the door. A few moments passed when he was startled by hearing a loud yell and was startled again when someone aggressively flung open the door.

Fireheart clenched hard on his bag strap that was lying on his shoulder. The student opened a door and took out a stick that was in his mouth, at first the red-headed student thought that it was a cigarette but the black-haired and pale-skinned student took the white stick out of his mouth revealing a bright red lollipop.

"Relax, I don't smoke. Come on in." The bloke said, popping the candied stick back into his mouth.

Fireheart gulped and then took a few steps into the classroom, a wave of nervousness washed over him, his stomach clenched as he took several more steps and stood in front of the students in the room. Fireheart felt a hand grab his shoulder and flung him backward but to the point where he didn't fall. The red-headed alumni looked to his right and saw the teacher talking to the students who seemed to have just paused from talking to each other and moved their gazes towards the front to look at the new kid. This is going to be much harder than Fireheart thought it would be to start a new school. All eyes were on him. . .

"What's wrong with his hair? It's red, orange, and yellow!" A student yelled.

"An alumni? What school was he from?" another pointed out.

"His hair's like fire! He better not set off the fire alarms!" someone chimed in.

"He's kind of cute though. . ." a barely heard female voice murmured quietly.

At this point, Fireheart was uncomfortable and feeling very guilty as they criticized his very existence. The teacher demanded silence by blowing a loud whistle sound and then waving his arm in the air. Person by person, the students quieted down.

"Everyone, this is our new Fireheart. He migrated from a school in Scotland! Welcome him with open arms and please don't treat him like most other students." The teacher announced sounding angry at the students, only making the new student even more nervous.

Oh boy. . . Fireheart thought nervously, and then looked around for a seat that wasn't taken and sat down placing his bag beside him on the floor.

(Time skip because I'm that lazy)

"Just how long until class ends?! People keep staring at me!" Fireheart kept panicking mentally until it got to the point where he glanced at the clock and luckily class would end soon. . .

Which would mean it would be lunch, oh boy there's things in store for him.