Chapter 13- Getting Rid Of The Burden

Step two was way too easy for Marinette.

Transforming, Marinette takes three empty miraculous boxes and puts them in her yo-yo. Flying across Paris' skyline, the red heroine choose to patrol for a while, so she can clear her mind. Marinette knows she wouldn't be excited or happy about step two. But she is. The moment her teammates started to ditch her, she wanted to take their miraculous.

Well, the time has come.

Ladybug is not so close to her target when she hears the music. Shaking her head slightly, Ladybug heads to the source.

Poor, naive Nino. Old habits die hard.

Ladybug taps on the DJ's window twice. Then she repeats. Finally, after the fourth time, he hears her.

Frowning, her childhood friends opens the window.

"What do you want?" Nino asks angrily.

"Oh, no hey, hello, how are you, straight to the business? I like that! Well, to answer your question, I want your miraculous."

Nino's jaw drops. The boy steps back, and moves the hand with the Turtle miraculous closer to his chest, covering it with his other hand.

"No," Nino raises the tone of his voice.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I won't give you Wayzz, you, y-you, tyrant!" The boy talks loud enough to wake up his kwami. And not only him.

"G-Guardian?" Wayzz opens his eyes, seeing the red figure of the savior of Paris. "Are you here for me?" Sleepy and confused, the Turtle asks.

"Yes, I am," Ladybug nods. Nino's shocked face is replaced with anger. Not for long.

Wayzz's eyes grow wide and they water immediately after Ladybug's answer.

Amazing, Wayzz doesn't want to leave him.

Unpredictable for Nino, Wayzz looks at the DJ's eyes pleadingly.

"Please, give her the bracelet," Wayzz lands on Nino's shoulder. Nino frowns surprised and betrayal is what he feels. He reluctantly nods and takes off the bracelet.

"I'm doing this for Wayzz, not for you, Ladybug!" The red heroine nods and takes the miraculous.

"I promise, Wayzz will be in good hands. Have a peaceful night, Nino. Thank you for helping me keep Paris safe!" Ladybug nods and flies out of the window.

Staying some minutes on the roof of Nino's block of flats, just to be sure an Akuma won't appear, Ladybug heads to Alya's.

Surprisingly, the blogger is asleep. And the only thing which is needed to successfully taking the Miraculous is a kwami. Luckily enough, Ladybug has the Turtle bracelet. Putting it on, Marinette points Alya's bedroom, telling Wayzz to wake Trixx up and the two of them take the Fox pendant. Wayzz nods and flies in the room. Three minutes later, Ladybug takes the Fox Miraculous from the two kwamis and puts it on so the kwamis can chat, hidden in one of her pigtails.

Flying above the city of love and lights, her city, Ladybug stops on the rooftop of the Agreste mansion. Going down slowly, Ladybug knocks on Adrien's window. The blond boy stands up and opens the window widely, so the heroine is able to go in.

"Hi, Adrien!" She says.

"Are you here to apologize?" Adrien's angry voice attracts Plagg's attention.

"Uh... Hey, what's up?" Plagg frowns and looks between Ladybug and Adrien.

"I'm here to take you," Ladybug calmly says and waits for anger and horror from the kwami.

"No! You won't do it!" Adrien yells.

What happens is unpredictable.

Realization sinks in Plagg and when he finally understands what happens, the kwami flies to the Guardian and hugs her cheek.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!" Plagg nuzzles and tries to get closer to the heroine.

"Plagg?" The teenagers say at the same time.

"Do you want to leave me for real?" Adrien's eyes are full of tears but none slides down his face.

"Yes. You stopped treating me well when you started dating Kagami. You stopped listening to me when I wanted to help you, give you advice. The only thing you say to me is 'Plagg, Claws Out', 'Plagg, Claws In!' and where's my Camembert! Adrien, I love you and you're one of the best kittens I have had, but I became just the God that gives you the costume and power and you stopped being my friend," Plagg sits on Ladybug's shoulder and turns his little kitty face, hiding it.

"P-Plagg?" Adrien frowns. "I'm sorry! I-I... I will miss you, Plagg!"

"Me or the freedom I give you?" The little creature whispers and his kitten ears fall down in sadness. Adrien takes off his ring and gives it to Ladybug.

"You were good Chat Noir, a good partner, and a good friend until you decided to stop being. I will miss you, Chat Noir!" Ladybug nods.

Adrien's first tear leaves his eye as Ladybug leaves the room.

But no butterfly comes to comfort him and he can't be more thankful for that.