Chapter 13

Kian woke up with Haley's head on his chest. He brushed some of her hair off her face, and she rolled off of him in her sleep. He couldn't bring himself to wake her up, so he sat up beside her and watched her sleep. Finally, she stirred, and he wrapped his arms around her and kissed her from the nape of her neck to the small of her back.
"Good morning, Mrs. Madani." He murmured against her skin.
She snuggled into him. "That sounds nice, Mr. Madani." She whispered.
"I love you." He kissed her earlobe.
She folded her arms atop his chest. "I love you too, Kian."
They laid in silence for several long minutes. Kian stared up at the ceiling, feeling Haley's heartbeat against his own, slowing as they straightened out.
"What time is it?" She asked, yawning and resting her arm across his chest.
"It is....." he paused, reaching for his phone on the bedside table. "9:45."
"I can't believe we were up that late." She said.
"I can't believe we didn't break the bed." Kian blurted out. He felt Haley elbow him in the ribs. They both laughed, and Kian kissed her tenderly on the forehead.
"You know what is funny? I don't even feel tired." Haley murmured. She sighed. "I feel like I need to be at work, but I don't want to get up."

"You won't have to work today, or tomorrow. Or the day after that." Kian said. He leaned forward and kissed her.
"Come on, I'll make us something for breakfast." Kian said, turning onto the side of the bed.
Haley got up, pulling on Kian's shirt that he wore to their wedding the day before. It hung loosely on her naked shoulders. He snatched her up in a hug, holding her.
"Can I get a shower first? We were going to go to the forest park today." Haley said, lacing hands with him.
"Want me to join you?" Kian teased, kissing her neck.
"You love teasing me, don't you?" She asked, kissing him on the cheek.
"I love teasing you?" Kian mused. "I love everything about you."

She stood up and pulled him to the bathroom.
After their shower, Kian made an omelette that could have fed four people. If it hadn't been that the wedding rings had been on their fingers for less than a day, it would have been like a normal weekend.
The trip to the forest park was quiet and refreshing. When they got home they were tired, and Kian pulled up Star Wars movie to watch. Haley cuddled up beside him, running her finger over his wedding band. When dinner time rolled around, Kian ordered take away from their favorite Indian restaurant. It was relatively early, but they had done a lot that day.
"So, how was Day One?" Kian said, letting Haley curl up against him in bed that night.
"I think I'm going to really enjoy being married to you." She smirked.
"I think so, too." Kian replied, kissing her softly on the mouth.
"I'm glad you're back in Holby." Haley said, looking up at him. "Ever since we started dating I felt like I could talk to you about everything."
"Me too." Kian agreed.
Haley kissed him on the cheek, and Kian wrapped his arms around her.
They turned off the lights, but they didn't go to sleep.