Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-One

H A R R Y 

        We were basically out in the middle of nowhere, trying to have a dudecation like Louis had suggested. Why did i always go through with his plans, i have no idea. I guess it's because he's my first best mate and if i tagged along, so would Niall and then eventually Zayn when we got him out of his shell, and lastly Liam because he has such a soft spot for Zayn. 

        Liam was currently helping NIall and I pitch our tent while Louis and Zayn went out to find some firewood. 

        "Was all this really necessary," Liam asked once he got his side finished. 

        "Louis missed all us lads hanging together," Niall explained. "I have been kind of feeling the same way. It's not like it used to be."

        "Are you sure you're really lonely over us not spending time together or is it because Alex ended up killing herself?"

        "Liam," I scolded, not believing that this was coming out of him of all people. 

      "No, he's right," Niall said as he held my hand down by my side. He knew me so well, trying to keep me from bashing Liam's face in. Fuck this stupid dudecation. "I am lonely because of that. But i should be able to find comfort in hanging with my own mates. You guys are supposed to help cheer me up, not remind me of my mistakes." 

        He threw his side of the tent down and walked into the direction of where Louis and Zayn had gone. I looked over at Liam who just held his head down, avoiding my glares. I huffed and threw a rock at him, hitting him right in the middle of his forehead. 

        "Ow! What the fuck, man?" He rubbed the now red spot on the middle of his gigantic head. 

        "You're kidding me, right? You were a total dick to Niall! Bringing up Alex's sucide like that!" I threw another rock at him.

        "Why are you fucking throwing rocks?!"

        "Because Niall would be pissed if i punched you!" Another rock. 

        "Ow!"

        This game was fun. 

        "Dude stop it," he groaned. 

        "Or you'll do what? You know you can't beat me, Liam. You workout a lot at the gym still but i still have the upper hand. I know everything's been different ever since Zayn removed himself from the band years ago but that doesn't mean you get to be a dick to eveyone else!" 

        I threw the tent down, not wanting to pitch it anymore. I didn't care about this fucking tent at this point. My breathing became heavy, anger the only cause for this problem. Liam didn't even look up at me, just down at the ground, clenching and unclenching his fists. 

        "We should've left with him," he finally says just as i turn my back towards him to leave. "There's not a day that i don't think about it, feel some way about it. We should've supported him. So much for being brothers."

        "We did support him, you wanker. He went solo and Niall and i went to his concerts low key. You never showed up. You thought it best to sit in your home with your girlfriend at the time and not speak on anything. Just because you have a guilty conscience doesn't mean you can make the rest of us feel like shit."

        When i turned around, my eyes locked with Zayn first. He was holding a pile of firewood, his eyes soft yet sad. I immediately knew he thought he was the cause of all of us fighting with each other. He partially was, but not to me. I had other shit on my plate to worry about than be butthurt over the fact that Zayn didn't want to be in the group anymore. But till this day, i never erased that message he had left on my phone when everything went down.