Chapter II

"Every time we talk, every single word builds up to this moment and I gotta convince myself I don't want it even though I do"

2 Days earlier

It was a week before Liv was scheduled to go back to set, it was finally time to shoot season two of her show. The afternoon sun was high above and beating down, which was quite normal for Los Angeles . She decided to walk today, a good walk in the afternoon always made her feel free and with her thoughts. The acquainted smell of coffee and pastries filled the air as she approached her favourite spot on Melrose Avenue, the Carrera Cafe . Well, it was their favourite spot . It had been a while since she thought about Josh but this damn good weather and that smell, he was definitely in her thoughts this morning . Liv pushed on the brass doors of the entrance and almost dropped her phone when she saw a distinctive mass of curly hair attached to a familiar head .

Fuck Fuck Fuck FUCK she thought aggressively. In her panic, Liv made a run for it. She pivoted and sprang for the door but jerked to a stop and turned back around to see a few people staring at her oddly. "That wasn't embarrassing at all" she sarcastically mumbled while mentally face palming herself . As she finished straightening out her top she looks up and happens to lock right onto Josh's gaze . Her eyes dart away faster than lightning as she tried to make herself look busy, please don't see me please don't - Her silent pleading is interrupted by a voice that made her heart involuntarily skip a beat . "Olivia ? Is ...Is that you ?"

"Uh yeah, Hey Joshua, yeah its me" she replied sheepishly, not knowing what the vibe would be like between them after all these months of apathy. He looks around at the cafe and then at her with an unreadable expression. To Liv it felt like hours just standing there looking at him but it was just for a moment, until he opened his mouth to say something and then closes it as if he's not sure whether to say it . "Ironic, isn't it ? " He finally spits out.
"Hmm what is ?" She asked fake innocently, she knew exactly what he meant. It was ironic, in the 6 months they've been broken up they had never bumped into each other here, which in fact disappointed her, though she'd never admit that. Yet a week before they're meant to work together again, they both got the urge to go to their old spot. Does that mean he thought of me ? She pondered, Yeah, right. "Still living up to your nickname huh ? Oblivia." The memory filled nickname made her regain focus on the tall boy only inches away. "Haha very funny" she responded flatly, but quickly flashed a smile making Josh smile in return. "I just meant, well, we used to go here remember ? Its just ..funny us being here at the same time now " he looks at the ground and shuffles nervously . Liv scrunches her eyebrows and gives him a pointed look . Josh wasn't the nervous type, he'd only get that way around her and it made her heart soar realising she could still evoke that reaction from him. Her pointed look starts to fade, No! No, he was an asshole and I hate his guts, he can't just waltz his way back in ! With that thought her pointed look remained . "Yeah, life is funny like that I guess" she faintly chuckled "it was nice seeing you, um see you next week then ? Bye"

She swivelled and stepped towards the door but found her knee buckling, accompanied by a loud snap . "Great, my fucking heel" She exhaled sharply and felt a large hand on her waist and another one stretched out in front of her. Without looking up at his face she grabbed the extended arm and he got her up with one smooth pull. "Thanks" she says quietly while pulling out her phone in annoyance . Of all days to be a klutz, real smooth liv . As she attempts to dial the number for her personal driver, Joshua stands behind with his own internal battle. I should offer her a ride - wait I don't think that's appropriate right now and Serena won't like this - No, wait! Shes your co star and she needs help, its harmless right? Fuck it . He clears his throat and approaches her . She felt Josh's hand glide over her shoulder "Hey my car's right there, let me take you home" 

                                    ꕤ