better

third-person pov:
"I don't think I will survive this school day." Denali sighed pushing open the door to the hallways while Symone and Olivia followed after her.
"You say that every day." Olivia chuckled at the girl.
"Yeah and I am surprised that I am still here." the brunette explained as the three stopped walking when they had reached their lockers.
"You'll be fine." Symone said opening her locker and pulling out the book she needed for her next class.

They kept talking waiting for the bell to ring so they could head to their classes wanting this schoolday to be over as soon as possible.
Denali spotted Rosé and her two friends chatting across the hallway.
It was as if Rosé had felt Denali's eyes on her when she suddenly looked at her and shot her a quick little smile.
Denali smiled back at her when she felt Symone sneak up next to her.
"Did Rosé just smile at you?" the girl asked her eyes widening.
The brunette turned around to face her friends again.
"What? No, she probably smiled at one of the football players right there." She said slightly motioning to two guys with her index finger.
Just as Olivia was about to speak up the bell rang meaning they had to go to their classes.
Saved by the bells. Denali thought as she sped off to her first class. Leaving her two best friends with confusion written all over their faces.

When lunch had arrived Denali was walking through the hallways with Olivia and Symone by her side as she excused herself to go to the bathroom real quick.

She pushed open the door with her shoulder while she was putting her notebook in her bag.
She lifted her eyes from her bag to look in front of her.
And who could possibly be standing they're washing their hands?
It was no other than Rosé. She heard the door opening and looked at the brunette and smiled at her quickly like she did earlier that day in the hallway.

"Hi." she said quietly and Denali almost overheard it.
"Hey." the Latina greeted her back.
There was an awkward silence between the two of them until Denali broke it.
"How are you feeling?" the brunette asked genuinely caring for the other girl.
"Uhm definitely better than yesterday." the blonde shrugged drying off her hands with paper towels.

"You have something in your hair." Denali pointed out with her finger.
"Where?" Rosé asked touching her hair trying to find it.
"A little higher..." the brunette said and Rosé moved her hand.
"No too high." she told her and Rosé lowered her hand again.
"A little to the left..." Denali said again and Rosé moved her hand in the wrong direction.
"No you just moved it to the right." the taller girl giggled to which Rosé frowned and crossed her arms.
"Here let me get it." Denali said reaching for Rosé's hair and slowly pulling out the small snippet of paper.
Just as Denali was about to get it out the door opened and someone walked in.
Rosé panicked and pushed Denali's arm away with a little too much force and stepped away slightly.
Denali was surprised by this sudden action but she knew why the girl did it.

Denali picked up her bag and pushed the bathroom door open.
She walked to the table where she usually sits with her two friends and sat down next to Olivia sighing.
"Oh hey, Denali. We were just talking about how Connor, one of the football players is throwing a party tomorrow.
You want to come?" Symone asked.
"Will you two go?" the Latina asked.
"Yeah obviously." Olivia answered.
"Ok, then I'll be there." Denali shrugged taking a sip of water.

"We can all get ready at my house and then I'll drive us there." Symone suggested with excitement.
They both agreed with it and continued with another conversation.
Denali soon found herself zoning out and not paying attention to the two.
Her thoughts drifted off to Rosé. She knew that Rosé didn't want to be seen with her but she didn't exactly know why since most people in this school actually like Denali. She was a friend for everyone and helped whenever she could and she also never failed to make people laugh.
Maybe Rosé didn't want to be associated with her since Denali was a lesbian and then everybody will think she is gay too but then again their school had very few homophobic people.
She couldn't wrap her mind around it so she just decided to stop thinking about it and concentrate on the people that genuinely care for her. Olivia and Symone.

a/n just a little filler. Also side note Denali is the taller one in this story.
I hope you guys enjoy this.
I love you all:)