six

It is finally Friday, the end of my first college week has arrived. Remember the girl from Biology? Zella? Well we've actually become very close in the past week, as has she with Atlas, Levi, Aurelia and I. We've sort of made a group, a semi-group hangout kind of thing. It's fun, I'm glad I am able to connect with people in this place already.

The clock on the wall chimes twelve as I browse through the library shelves. My finger brushes over every book in a line, from A-Z.

I notice that the exact one I want is on the top shelf, and I'm gonna have to use a stool to reach it.

I grab the foldable stool in the corner of the shelves, careful not to make any noise or disturb other people.

I stand on it, my heel hanging off the stool. I reach up to grab the book, and when I go to place my foot back down, I lose balance and drop the book, and that's when an arm snakes around my waist.

I gasp at the sudden touch, only to recognise the raven hair and ice blue eyes. Atlas breathes onto my neck, sending shivers down my spine. I screw my eyes shut, wanting to curl into a ball in embarrassment.

"You have got to be more careful Robyn" Atlas whispers, his eyes smoulder with intensity and my breath faintly hitches. I gulp, as he releases his grip on my waist slightly.

I step down from the stool, straightening myself a little before taking in his appearance.

He clings onto a backpack, adjusting it every now and then. "Here" He hands me the book, fingers brushing with mine and my lips curve into a small smile at his gesture.

"Thanks" I glance around the room, thankful that everyone's heads are still dipped into textbooks and no one saw what just happened.

"I didn't peg you as the book-ish type" I mutter and he smiles as his eyes scan over each and every book.

"As I said, I'm full of surprises" He grins widely and grabs a book off of the shelves.

"I know a spot, a secret spot where we can have a little more peace and quiet" He leans in and grabs my hand.

"We already have peace and quiet, we're in a library remember?" I remind him and he chuckles quietly.

"It's better, come on" His cold fingers curve into mine, I glance down at where we connect before following him to whatever 'secret spot' he is leading me to.

After a few minutes of walking, Atlas stops in a little corner at the back of the library, spread out with cushions and blankets for comfort. I sit down, admiring the quiet corner that is secluded from the rest of the library.

"It's nice huh?" He questions, I nod my head in agreement.

Atlas sits opposite me, his legs touch mine as he folds them over each other carelessly.

We spend about an hour talking about our favourite classics and such. I've come to find out that Atlas and I actually have a lot in common, in the book category of course.

"You take this one after I've finished, and then we can swap, okay?" He questions and I chuckle at his words. "Fine" I reply and avert my gaze back to the inked pages.

Faint sunlight reflects onto my cheeks from the windows.
I don't think I've ever seen Atlas in a more peaceful state.

His hair flops over his forehead slightly, falling at his ears aswell. I nibble at my bottom lip, darting my eyes up at Atlas every now and then. He looks pretty good with his hair messed up.

Atlas meets eyes with mine, I quickly dart my eyes back down and pretend to read. My smile grows and I start to actually read again.

"We should probably go meet the others" Atlas blurts out, standing up. I nod and follow him into the cafeteria, to be greeted by our friends at a table.

I collect my food and sit next to Levi, who's too busy chatting with Zella to notice I'm next to him.

"Party tomorrow!" Aurelia chirps up, smiling as  usual.

"Not going" I grumble, sticking a fry in my mouth and chewing it slowly.

"You have to!" Zella says, meeting her gaze with mine and I crinkle my nose at her.

Aurelia and Zella both ramble on about party shit for the next 30 minutes, as I zone out and stare at a blank wall. Levi taps on my shoulder, pulling me out of my 'trance'.

"Hmm" I hum in response, staring down at my plate of un-eaten food.

"You gonna eat those?" I roll my eyes playfully and shake my head.

"Have at it" I say and he smiles in thanks. The raucous laughter of other college students invades my ears and I groan in frustration.

"You okay there?" Atlas' voice interrupts my inner conversation.

"Yep, just re-thinking my life decisions" I smile and continue to stare at the wall.

"You do that" He replies, running a hand through his hair like he always does and continuing his conversation on with my new friends.