Chapter One: The beginning of the end

"Rule number one, is that you've got to have fun, but baby when you're done, gotta be the first to run."

I strutted onto the porch of Cassie's beach front mansion, news that Josh the dirtbag cheater had been boasting about screwing Kalee had ridden on the wind and to my very impatient, very pissed ears.

Needless to say, the sucker was going down.

I adjusted my low cut dress, it was tight, black and paired with gorgeous killer heels, smokey eyes and blood red lips iced the cake and I knew that by the end of the night I'd have the idiot on his knees.

No one. No one does that to Camilla Rivers.

I'd been out of the game for too long, and though I'd probably be a little rusty. Still, I stood by the fact that- once a player, always a player. To be honest, I don't know what I was more pissed at, the fact he'd gotten under my skin, wormed his way into my heart and made me soft, or the fact that I let him. I pushed my bruised ego and heart further and further down.

Tossing my brown waves over my shoulder I enjoyed the sound of my heels click against the floorboards. A smirk played on my lips as I spotted my doe-eyed ex, he was blatantly staring down some girl's rack, how I had been so blind was beyond me!

I made eye contact with a random guy behind him, the room was lit only by a few dashing strobe lights and I couldn't make out his features.

I smiled seductively, feeling Josh's beady eyes glued to my approaching form.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw him smile-I supposed he thought I was coming to say hi to him-my smirk grew as I walked passed him and saw his pretty lips open in confusion.

I wrapped my arms around Mr Mysterious, not really caring in the slightest who it was.

"Just go along with it," I whispered in his ear, kissing his neck.

"Whatever you say babydoll," he chuckled deeply, playing the part he wrapped his hands around me and rested them in the curve of my spine. Impulsively and probably unnecessarily I placed my lips of his, pulling him closer into my arms.

For a moment I felt him pull back in hesitation, before his lips complied and danced with mine. He knew what he was doing. The kissed that started with me in control was now his and he left me intoxicated and lighted headed with ease.

He pulled away slowly and I could just make out a cocky grin through the shadows. I pushed away the temptation of looking back, confident that Josh would be standing there as dumbstruck as the day I met him. I pulled Mr Amazing Kisser away with me and around the stairwell pretending to sneak into one of the empty rooms. Once we were out of sight I pulled my hand out of his and whipped around to face him.

"I..." My prepared apology got stuck as my jaw dropped open. There in front of me was no run of the mill average John Smith, this kid was freaking Adonis, adorned with gorgeous piercing blue eyes and a knowing smirk. Player.

My bewildered expression turned sour and I scowled at his pretty face. I folded my arms defensively giving him a rough size up. He was wearing a loose white singlet and navy blue surfer shorts. His dark hair was mussed and everywhere, he was easily 6'2 and looked even taller because he was standing like an arrogant prick.

Ok, now I might sound a tad judgemental, but before you say anything I have my reasons. There were certain guys I stayed away from, see the rule goes- play with the easy ones but leave the smart ones alone, they hurt like fuck. It was almost like an anti-criteria. A list of things didn't look for in a guy. This one was trouble and we both knew it.

I rolled my eyes, flicking my hair as I turned swiftly away from him. Pfft. "Heyy trouble, not so fast." He grabbed my wrist and spun me around, I snapped his hand away glaring squarely into his cobalt eyes. He had a lopsided smile and was looking at me curiously, 

"Hmmm figures, the best ones are always fiesty, hard to hold on to," he step forward bridging the space between us, "More fun."

His artistically shaped lips parted slightly, looking strikingly like a fallen angel. I was caught in his gaze, lost. I tore my eyes from his warily placing my hands safely behind my back. He chuckled and ran his hands through his shaggy dark hair.

I glared at him, "Watch those hands pretty boy, because when your old and alone, they'll be all you've got." I turned my back on him and immersed myself into the thick crowd grabbing a drink from the esky.

Grace was in the corner sitting on her sleaze of a boyfriends lap. He had her wrapped around his pinky and she was too blind to even question it.

I pulled Grace away and moved into the crowd of sweaty teenagers, gladly downing the cool alcohol enjoying the rush as the liquid burned my throat. I dropped the bottle on the floor in exchange for another one, it was my last night in this beautiful city before I was shipped off to live with my stupid dad and attend my final year and Bronte Prep, I'd better live it up.

I closed my eyes and moved to the heavy music, feeling my thoughts drift to the blue eyed boy I'd just met. Something, something was familiar about that guy. The thought left me with my next gulp. I laughed maniacally, tomorrow was the beginning of the end and I was not ready to go home yet.

*Thank you for reading, vote/comment if you liked it, even if you hated it, critism is welcome- this hasnt had time to be edited :( so sorry for mistakes*