13

Part of me

"What happened?"

"It's happening, again. I'm so scared."

"I don't understand. What are you scared of?"

"Of losing the only part of myself I'm still sure of. Of losing my love for music, of starting to hate every songs I used to listen to. I don't want to lose this. I don't want to repeat the same mistakes."

"What mistakes?"

"Losing my passion for art, as well as my passion for books, it all happened slowly, and I only realized it once it was too late to save these parts of me.

I also lost my words for a while. I couldn't remember how to do any of the things I used to do on a daily basis. It felt like I lost myself.

And it happened because my passions that used to only be related to me, started to make me remember temporary people I removed from my life.

A boy I've liked, and friends I had to cut off my life; people that broke my heart.

Now I'm scared because I like this new guy, and he's asking me to send him my playlists. My most liked songs are starting to remind me of him.

That link that is happening between him and my music will destroy me when he leaves. He'll shut the door and take with him every song that is on my favorite playlist.

He'll destroy that last thing that I identify myself in. I'll completely lose myself then, and I'm scared shitless of this happening. "

———————
A/N

Wrote this when I was listening to Katy Perry - Part Of Me.

I absolutely love music.
It saved my life and made me stronger.

Music is also an outlet to me, to release emotion, it is simply everything to me.

I love writing imaginary scenarios to express indirectly my feelings.