14

Rational not pessimistic

We sat in silence on one of the many stairs. We were casually chatting when we had this talk.

" I like to think of everything that could go wrong. I like to expect the worst and be prepared for it. I like not to expect anything from this life", I said absentmindedly, wishing I had cigarettes, even though he probably wouldn't agree of me smoking if he knew.

"That way, if something good happens in life, I'll be okay if things become ugly, prepared to face this storm. " I added.

" Exactly", he said nodding his head in approval.
"I think this way, and people call me a crybaby for it."

"You're just avoiding disappointment, none of it makes you a crybaby. I'm surprised we think the same way, I thought we were different. But then again last time we talked when you opened up to me, I actually got a glimpse of how sad you are. "

You looked straight ahead, still nodding your head.

I wanted to add that I didn't mind that though, that it made you human, and I still liked you.
But I could never be that straightforward with you.

So instead, I let you change the subject and moved on from this conversation, knowing damn well it was going to end up as a writing eventually, with me voicing what I wished I had the nerve to say out loud.

That I accepted you with all your flaws, and you were perfectly human that way.

—————
A/N

Sometimes I write to forget, other times I write to remember.

Another scenario! Here goes:)

How do you like my book so far?