MILK MAN

"Kageyama, you need to write your thesis statement before you submit that! How did you even manage to write that entire essay without it?!"

You had honestly never met anyone as dumb as Kageyama Tobio. To be completely honest, you had no idea how he had ever made it past kindergarten. 

"Boke. That's not my fault, I fell asleep when the teacher was explaining that part."

You laughed at him, a sweet smile coming back from him. 

The two of you had already been on facetime for an hour; being on a call with him was more fun than you wanted to admit. 

"So, who was that girl that was totally staring at you today?", you asked him, not realizing how jealous you sounded until you had actually said it. 

"Someone's jealous", he said back. His voice was deep and smooth, you really enjoyed listening to him talk. 

"I am not, it literally looked like she was stalking you.", you replied, ignoring the subtle nervousness you now felt. 

"I don't know, her name's Ami I think. I think she's in my class, but I could be wrong." 

His complete disregard for her made you feel a little better.

Who am I kidding. I don't care anyways, it's not like I like him or anything. 

After another half hour on the call, his essay had finally become submit-worthy. 

His eyes were now tired, his dark circles accentuated and his lids puffy. He was in his bed at this point, while his TV flickered in the background. 

You, too, were in your bed, your drowsiness also being brought to your attention. 

Timeskip~

The soft light coming from behind your curtains woke you up. This was the second night in a row that you had fallen asleep before you had realized. 

You grabbed your phone to check the time only to see that you had fallen asleep on the call, and it was still going. You took in Kageyama as he slept quietly. His hair was a little messy and his face looked kind and calm. He didn't look like the tough and careless person that he did throughout the day but, instead, a sweet and vulnerable one. 

Your phone, however, was at 2% so you rushed to your charger plugging it in just in time. 

You didn't notice that your sudden movements had woken him up, though. His eyelids slowly opened as he came to.

"Sorry, haha", you whispered.

"Oh my god, we were on facetime for 7 hours and 43 minutes."

"I think that's the longest I've ever been on facetime before"

"Yeah, me too."

He started to walk downstairs and made his way into what looked like the kitchen. He got something from the fridge and started to eat in while you sat in your desk chair putting on your makeup for the day. Today was a Friday, so you had practice after school and then again the next morning. 

Even as he ate and drank a carton of milk, he still looked adorable. You found yourself staring at him once more before you shook it off and told yourself to stop. 

"Oh, hey, I got 74% on my math test." he said, while chewing aggressively on what looked to be a meat bun. 

"What can I say, I guess I'm just a really great teacher.", you said back, smiling through the screen. 

"No, I think it was the lucky milk that I drank right before the test."

"I swear, every time I see you you're always drinking milk. Are all of them lucky?"

"Yep, milk is my holy water, I guess"

"How much money do you spend on milk in like, a week?"

"$49"

"You're kidding."

He stared into the screen, not saying a word.

"You're not kidding?!? Kageyama where is all of this money coming from?? You don't have a job or anything?"

"I don't know, I guess love has a way"

You cocked your head at the phone screen, puzzled by the behaviours of this man. 

"You're so weird"

He didn't say anything, letting only a small glare escape his expression. 

The two of you remained on call until you both left for school, this time, though, you didn't see him walking to school, which didn't really make sense to you. 

Even so, you noticed yourself smiling at the thought of him, which kind of terrified you. 

Timeskip~

After practice, Daichi and Coach Ukai held a meeting to let everyone know that the whole team would be going to a training camp the following week, managers included. Everyone was excited, and even though you and Yachi were a little scared of travelling and staying with like 100 teenage boys, you both felt yourselves looking forward to the excursion. 

This will definitely be interesting. 

Author's note:

i have no idea if the people who have this book saved in their library see every time i change a previous chapter, but if so, i'm so sorry 😭 i just keep finding stuff i want to change about the old chapters. 

anyways, ily, you're so beautiful, have a great day