MORNING PRACTICE

You felt your long-awaited slumber come to an end as the ringing sound of your alarm went off.

You hobble out of bed and check your phone.

5:15 AM

Oh my god, it is way too early for this.

You quickly start to get ready for the day, knowing that you can't be late to your first practice as one of the managers.

The sky was still black as you stepped into the vacant streets of your neighbourhood. The white moon shone brightly in the sky, its crescent shape giving it a beautiful architecture.

Your breath formed little clouds as you quickly made your way to the school's gymnasium.

You arrived fifteen minutes early, as your swift pace brought you to your destination faster than you had anticipated.

The below zero temperature caused you to shiver, grabbing ahold of your self in an attempt to stay warm.

You noticed that the entrance of the gym had been letting out a small sliver of yellow light, indicating that it was open.

You wandered inside, hoping to evade the chilliness outside.

Two boys were doing an interesting training drill that you were unfamiliar with, given your limited knowledge on the sport.

Hinata and... Kageyama.

Ugh. Of course.

Hinata noticed your presence mid spike, flailing and completely missing the ball.

"Boke, Hinata boke!"

The raven-haired boy was clearly not in the mood to be messing around, but the small one hardly seemed to mind.

He ran up to you, his sweaty body holding you in a hug as he said his good mornings.

"Uh, Hinata"

"What's up Y/N-chan??"

"Um, I don't mean to sound rude, but your sweat is like spreading to me"

"HAHAHA I'm sorry Y/N-chan" he said, laughing out loud.

"You boke. Now she's gonna smell"

"What do you care Baka-yama?!"

"I don't"

His face flushed as he turned around, now practicing on his own.

The other team members started to pour in, right around six o'clock. You made your way towards the bench to sit with Yachi and Shimuzu.

You watched them play for almost two hours, taking notes of the different plays and techniques. You occasionally filled up water bottles and helped throw the balls, but for the majority of the practice, you were stuck watching and laughing with Yachi. The two of you were starting to become very close and shared a lot of giggles.

By the time practice was over, the exhausted and drenched boys made their way to the dressing rooms to get ready for their classes.

You and Yachi started to head out, since you were no longer needed at the gym. Before you could leave, Hinata grabbed your arm.

"Do you think you could toss a ball for me and Baka-yama at lunch so we can perfect our fast-attack?"

"Um sure, I don't see why not"

"Awesome, thanks so much!"

"Yeah, no worries"

Author's note:

q: favourite food?