3.13 where camila drops a bomb

fp: 4/14/21

i don't know where this came from but here's a chapter
ps before you read this: EVERYTHING SAID IS BASED IN SPECULATION AND OBSERVATION.

It's an abnormally hot Sunday morning when Michael pokes at Dinah whining "Mama" until she wakes up.

"Bud, it's early," Dinah whispers, and he just furrows his eyebrows at her.

"It's hot," Michael complains, "my room is really hot."

"Do you wanna sleep in here?" Dinah asks, hoping that this can be quick and she can go back to bed.

"No," Michael pouts, "I can't sleep."

"Then try sleeping here," Dinah replies desperately, "Or go make yourself some cereal."

Michael wrinkles his nose, "We're out of Froot Loops."

Dinah groans, throwing the covers off of her body, "You're lucky I love you."

Michael finally grins, "Love you too, Mama. Can we get McDonald's for breakfast?"

"No," Dinah retorts, getting out of bed, "We can have pancakes, though. And if you're good and eat your vegetables at dinner, we can go get ice cream tonight."

Michael's face lights up at the mention of ice cream, "Okay Mama, I eat my vegetables. Can we also have bacon?"

Dinah sighs, "You're killing me."

They make pancakes and bacon anyway, Michael helping with the pancake batter and insisting on chocolate chip pancakes.

"Are you still thinking about playing soccer?" Dinah asks as Michael steals a pancake off the plate.

"Maybe," Michael says, his mouth half full of pancake.

"You have to finish your bite before you talk, bud," Dinah says, "I'd rather you not choke."

"Sorry, Mama," Michael says sheepishly, his mouth clear now, "I said maybe."

"Why wouldn't you?" Dinah asks, taking the last of the pancakes off the griddle and turning off the stove.

"Dunno," Michael responds, "Bacon now?"

"Sure," Dinah says, deciding to drop the topic for now, "Get it out of the fridge for me?"

-

January eventually fades into February and Dinah's seeing Normani more and more often.

Their occasional sex dates transition into occasional nights out and those turn into sleeping over and sneaking out before Michael wakes up.

Dinah's been apprehensive about Normani officially meeting Michael and while Normani completely understands and sympathizes, she hates it.

She's seen the way that Dinah's face lights up just when she talks about Michael, and a really big part of her wants to see Dinah with Michael.

But Dinah doesn't want that.

So, she's spending her time hanging out with Camila while the younger girl is back in Miami visiting her family. That's kind of all she does these days, flounder around Miami and then travel with Camila to New York and Los Angeles for business.

She loves it, don't get her wrong, but now that Lauren's back at school, she's bored.

"Mani!" Camila calls from somewhere in the house. Normani grabs the bag of chips that she's been eating and follows the voice, finding Camila in the studio with her guitar in her lap.