Chapter II - Don't follow the ugly steps I've been through

Words said by Koyo-san are roaming around Akutagawa's head.

''If I wasn't able to remember everything about them, maybe they might know something about me such as why am I here and what's my relationship with them.''

/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Dazai-san approached Atsushi's desk unnoticeable, leaving Atsushi to stand still in shock.

''Oi Atsushi-kun, you seem to be lacking a lot of concentration these days. Are you figuring a way to do a painless suicide for me? how thoughtful of you!'' Dazai-san shaking Atsushi-kun shoulders left and right.

''You should ask Kunikida-san for a piece of advice on how to do that. I'm just feeling a bit uneasy today, I'm going to visit somewhere first, I promise I'll be back soon.''

The gigantic but vintage doors of Armed Detective Agency opened as Atsushi stepped out, taking a deep breath before heading on towards the Port Bay where he last saw the not-so-tall young man.

''I wonder if I can meet him there again. Seeing him makes me feel worried somehow.''

The sea breeze along with the breathtaking view of the blue-pastel sky mixed with the white cotton candy clouds made Atsushi stare into space. Suddenly, a familiar voice approached him, tapping him on the shoulders.

''We met again, huh. I knew that you'll be here. You sense something wrong just like myself, don't you?''

The not-so-tall young man continued.

''Pardon me, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Akutagawa, Port Mafia's member.''

Atsushi eyes widen as he heard the word Port Mafia.

''I came here today without any intention of harming you. It's just that....you're extremely familiar. Everything about you from head to toe.'' Akutagawa continued.

Atsushi took a step back. Still unable to process the word 'Port Mafia Member'.

''I don't think Dazai-san will be happy with the idea of me meeting a Port Mafia member. I'll get going.'' Atsushi turned his head back, ready to leave.

''Aren't you curious about your lost memories? Your past? The feeling of remembering something and not knowing what it is. You know me, you recognized me and you're familiar with me. I wanted to discover the truth, that's why I am here. To sort it out with you. So please, Atsushi. Bear with me.'' Akutagawa held Atsushi's wrist, holding him from leaving.

''What are you talking about? What lost memories? Maybe it's for the best, erasing the idea of me being connected with a Port Mafia member.''

================================================================================

''When are you planning to tell Atsushi the truth, Dazai? He will eventually discover it himself if he keeps on meeting Akutagawa.'' Kunikida approached Dazai, who is reading 100 Ways to Die in a Painless Way.

''We erased their memory for good. It's impossible for a Port Mafia member and Atsushi to be in a relationship. Think about our agency's reputation. Let him discover the truth himself. Let him learn how to accept it.'' Dazai-san closed his book, tapping Kunikida in his shoulder.

''So this is why you erased their memories. So they won't follow the steps you made. Falling in love with Chuuya-''

''Don't talk about him here. We broke up for good.'' Dazai-san left.