Chapter 25: Ogres & Oubliettes

"Where are we headed, Spike?" Evan asked as he and Alex followed Spike up through Twilight's castle. Spike chuckled a bit, turning his head back a bit towards them as he explained.

"Well, you see, since all the girls are all away on varied business, this is a perfect time to introduce you to what us guys do when we have the castle to ourselves." Spike said.

"Big Mac was telling me about it the day before. This is definitely right up your alley, man." Alex encouraged Evan as they entered the map room where Big Mac and Discord were already there waiting for them.

"Ahh, finally! You've arrived!" Discord exclaimed excitedly, sitting up a bit from Fluttershy's seat where he had set himself.

"Hey, guys." Alex said with a smile, sitting over in Twilight's seat.

"Good to see you, Discord, Big Mac," Evan said with a polite smile as he sat down. "What do we got going on here? We gonna play some board games?" He asked, stretching out his question humorously.

"Something like that, almost," Spike said, reaching down and pulling out a box labeled: 'Ogres and Oubliettes'.

"Ooh, is that what I think it is?" Evan asked.

"Remember how we were talking about tabletop RPG's? Well this is it!" Spike said, opening up the game box and beginning to take out the different game pieces.

"Oh shoot, we finna go in, bro! What're my options?" Evan asked, rubbing his hooves together.

"Let's see... You can choose between a wizard, a warrior, a spy, a thief, a ninja, or a monster." Spike listed off of the instructions.

"Ninja." Evan chose immediately.

"Nice. What creature do you wanna be?" Spike asked.

"Options?"

"Earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, zebra, bat pony, griffon, or a yak."

"Hmm... Let's go with bat pony. That sounds pretty cool and edgy." Evan answered with a grin.

"Bat pony ninja! We'll start with that. Discord will help you with your design, and then we can get started." Spike said.

"You sure you don't want to get in on this, Alex? There's always room in an RPG." Spike invited him.

"Oh yeah, no, yeah. I'm good, I've already agreed to do the music and soundtrack and general background stuff for this session. If I find a good spot to jump in then I will, but for now I'mma let you guys do your nerd thing." Alex answered.

"Alright. Discord, shall we?" Spike looked to Discord. Discord smirked a bit, beginning to wave his hands in a circle.

"Are you ready to enter the world of Ogres & Oubliettes?" Discord asked. Alex raised his hoof.

"Can I use the bathroom real quick?"

"Aww, really?" Spike groaned. Alex chuckled a bit.

"Heheh, nah I'm just kidding. Yeah, let's do it."

"I'm down and ready." Evan agreed.

"Alright. When we last left our heroes: Garbunkle, Sir McBiggon, and Captain Wuz, they were exploring the strange market city of Coltana as they went to meet with the politician Half Hoof to make an undisclosed deal." Spike narrated.

As he spoke, Discord caused the entire room to shift to the scene that Spike was describing. The walls all shifted and rose to become the market city, and their chairs all moved and changed so that Discord, Big Mac, and Spike's characters were all sitting in a carriage being pulled by Evan's character.