so where did you go? (i should know)

Ever since Hope woke up (along with Landon,) Josie had been acting differently. She's been avoiding Hope and Landon as much as she can. Josie would even skip classes and stay locked up in her room until her sister would force her out.

This was unusual for Josie. Hope had attempted to reach out to her and talk but the brunette would refuse.

"Josie," Hope perked up as she saw the brunette reading a book in the library. "Can we talk?"

Josie's eyes slightly widened and stood up abruptly. "Uh, I can't" She casually shrugs. "Lizzie needs something, maybe next time?"

"Yeah okay." The auburnette pulled a tight smile.

There was no next time.

After the whole Dark Josie situation, Josie had been afraid to get her magic back so she had put it in a coin and into a piggy bank.

Currently, Josie has been writing in her journal for over half an hour. It was past curfew and a dim light had been shown on her desk. It had been bothering her so she decided to get up and shut it off.

As she was walking towards the light her eyes caught the glimpse of the piggy bank. The siphoner's hand itches to grab it. This time she doesn't hold back and sees that the coin is gone. A shot of adrenaline coursed through her body through panic.

She woke up Lizzie who looked equally as panicked as she saw her sister in distraught.

"Lizzie, the coin that was in the piggy bank, it's missing and," She cut herself off putting her hands on her head as she paces around the room.

The rest of the night was a blur.

//////

Every single day the stress has become much less manageable and all Josie wants to do is scream or even set something in fire.

But she couldn't.

That was what she planned to do. Josie is at the Old Mill when she had remembered she didn't have her magic. It was something new to get used to.

She hears a stick break in the near distance and turns around quickly, mostly afraid and shrinks in her spot.

Josie relaxes when she realizes a familiar Hope. Who seemed to be crying. This was uncommon, something that the young siphoner has rarely been able to capture.

"Oh, I'm sorry," The older girl wipes her eyes as quickly as possible. "I'll leave and let you be."

"Wait, Hope," The brunette slightly calls after her. "What's wrong?"

"Oh um," A wet laugh comes out of the older girl. "It's probably stupid but i'm Landon broke up with me."