(7) The Kegger

The kegger was a success- so far. The sun had gone down along with a few drinks. Olivia was currently flirting with a random touron...Logan? No that's not right, Luke? She really had no idea. She was getting pretty bored, to be honest. She looked for a quick way out and surveyed everyone at the party. Kie was talking someone's ear off about microplastics. Pope seemed to be flirting, but she definitely heard him mention a dead body so she's not sure how great it was going. John B was also flirting, hopefully doing better than Pope. JJ was filling up cups. She noticed her beer was getting low finally finding her escape.

   "I'm gonna go fill up my cup," Olivia said to the random L-named boy, definitely cutting him off in the middle of a sentence. Instead of waiting for an answer she quickly walked away towards the bulk of the party. On the way past Kie, she messed up the pogues hair which only resulted in Olivias leg getting slapped and no break in her conversation about climate change.

   She approached the keg waiting in line behind a random girl she has never seen. Once it was her turn Olivia held up her cup.

   "Didn't know you got stuck with this job," She said to JJ who finally looked up at her. He took the cup out of her hands while sharing a smile.

   "Someone's gotta do it," he replied with a shrug while watching the beer fill up the cup.

   "Yeah, but not you," she said then looked around, "John B! Come here!" she shouted. John B immediately left the girl he was talking to, making a bee-line for the duo.

   "What's up?" He asked Olivia making eye contact.

   "I think it's your turn to man the keg, sorry party rules," she replied with a sorry smile. She quickly grabbed JJ and dragged him away before John B could even reply. As they ran away she heard a few choice words sent at them from John B but nevertheless persisted.

   "You're a free man," she said as she looked at the blonde hair boy, "You're welcome," she continued. He looked down at her with a smile taking his hand out of hers, only to put his arm around her shoulders.

   "How can I ever repay you?" he replied snarkily. She only scrunched her nose at him, then pretended to ponder the question for a few seconds. She looked over to the mass of people dancing and knew her answer.

   "Dance with me, Romeo," she said with a giggle while dragging him over. He let out a laugh and complied as they began to sway to the music.

   "How much have you had to drink," he yelled over the music.

   "How much have you had to drink," she replied with an emphasis on the 'you'. He only shook his head as he watched her move her body to the music and intermittently stumble over her own feet. She noticed him watching her and started to do the funniest dance move she could think of, including her famous sprinkler.

   "It's a dance-off! Show me what you've got!" She yelled to him. He grabbed her beer out of her hand and quickly chugged it. Just for the record, Olivia definitely did not find this attractive or anything. Nope, not at all. Her inner thoughts were interrupted when she saw him attempt the charleston, doing a horrible job by the way. She doubled over in laughter, then pulled out the running man, something a little more complicated than she could handle in her tipsy state.

   Olivia misjudged her talents as she tripped over her own feet, causing her to almost face plant in the stand. JJ's hands shot out to catch her in time, grabbing onto her arm and her waist. She looked up to him with a grin on her face, eternally grateful for making sure she didn't look like an absolute moron.

   "My prince charming!" she said to him while giggling at the ridiculousness of it. He looked down at the girl with a smile and grabbed her hand to lead them out of the dance circle. She squeezed onto his hand as a form of thanks as they approached the keg, seeing a John B abandoned post.