Chapter 2

Marinette's POV

"Omg Tikki what happened last night. I've never seen Chat Noir so... vulnerable and sensitive. He only made 1 pun!"

"Yea" Tikki agreed "It was a totally different look on him."

"I better make my way to school. I might even make it on time today!"

"Wow, that's new for you." Tikki said with a giggle.

I walked to school today instead of having to run! It was a nice change. When I got to the front of the school I walked straight to Alya who was standing talking with Nino.

"Hey Alya what's up" I said greeting my friends

"Oh nothing much" she responded, glancing at me and then going back to what she was doing. She was talking about theories for her Ladyblog. I nodded along absentmindedly as she rambled on. Then I saw Adrien getting out of his limo. He's so perfect. I stood in a trance for a moment and then I saw Chloe run up to him and throw her arms around his neck.

"Hi Adrikins!" she said with a big smile.

"Hey Chloe." Adrien said as he casually pushed her off of him.

I turned to Alya jealousy filling my eyes "I can't believe she does that, he obviously doesn't want it."

"So go up to him!" she said as she gave me a nudge toward him. Being me I took a step as she nudged me causing me to topple forwards and right into Adrien. He grabbed my waist right as I was about to fall.

"You should be more Careful Mari." he said with a gentle smile. A gentle smile that was so so close to my face. I blushed like crazy turning a darker shade than a tomato. He was holding my waist. Adrien was holding my waist.

"Haha y-y-yea I uh be s-s-should haha I m-m-meanshould b-b-be haha"

He let go of me, smiled again and walked off. I ran over to Alya feeling giddy and still bright red.

"Come on let's just get you into class." Alya said laughing at me a bit and grabbing my elbow so I couldn't fall again.

We got into class and I, like normal, started to daydream about Adrien. He's just so sweet and perfect. He has the perfect life and he is always so happy. It's no wonder he doesn't like me... plain Marinette. Then somebody else's face flashed into my mind. Chat Noir's. I thought about how perfectly we fit together last night and how funny and sweet he was. Sure he was no Adrien and he definitely wasn't perfect but... No no I pushed the thought out of my head there was only one boy for me and he was sitting right in front of me.

Time skip to an akuma attack right after school, Chat and Ladybug just defeated a new villain

AN: sorry I'm just really bad at writing fight scenes haha.

"Bye-bye little butterfly." I said as the purified Akuma flew off. "Hey Chat I'm sorry about how fast I left yesterday, I was about to transform back, but thanks for saving me. Pound it?

"Pound it" Chat responded with a smile as he pounded our fists together. "I could never be upset with you M'lady"

"Thanks Chat. Bugout" I said and threw my yo-yo as I ran across the roofs.heading to a far away ally to de-transform. "Tikki spots off," I passed my small friend a cookie, "Tikki do you think I fixed it?"

"Yes Marinette, he didn't seem upset with you at all. You should hurry home and get started on your homework though."

"You're right Tikki." I said as I ran home.

I was doing homework in my room when suddenly I heard a knock at the trapdoor on my roof. I hoped up and opened it as the stray kitty jumped in. "Hey kitty cat." I said, greeting him.

He smiled then suddenly stopped and got oddly serious "I need a nickname for you" he said then all of a sudden that Cheshire like grin returned to his face and he said "Well I'm your night in shiny leather armour so I guess that would make you my Purrincess." he said with a wink.

I giggled a little and then said "Okay kitty. Whatever you say." I kept doing my math thinking that maybe if I ignore him when I turn around he would already have left.

I sat at my desk for about five more minutes before turning to stand up and stretch. To my surprise when I turned there was the alley cat sitting on my chaise just staring at me.

"So what were you working on purrincess" he asks, keeping that damn grin.

"Just some math homework kitty. Anyways, I thought you had left?"

"I would never leave my purrincess without a kiss" He says standing up and moving towards me. He grabbed my hand and brought it delicately to his lips, leaving a small kiss. "Till next time" And just like that he was gone. Before I could even respond. Maybe that was for the best though since I could feel all the heat in my face and knew I must have been blushing a colour that would rival Nathaniel's hair.

"What am I going to do about this flirty cat" I murmured quietly.

Adrien's POV

It was a little after this afternoon's Akuma attack and I couldn't think of anything to do, and quite honestly I just didn't want to be alone. It was after dinner and dark out so I knew nobody would be checking in on me, probably till morning. So I did the only thing that came to mind and launched out the window as Chat Noir.

There was something so calming about flying through the air, feeling the wind rush past your face, hearing all the sounds of the night. I was on autopilot soaring through the skies when I found myself face to face with Marinette's balcony. She was a good friend to me when I was Adrien, but she seemed so much calmer when I was Chat Noir. Maybe I intimidate her, or maybe she just doesn't like me. But I want to find out who the real Marinette is. I hop over onto her balcony and give a small knock. She quickly opened it, leaving space for me to jump in, so I did. We had a fast Chat and she earned a new nickname from me, (the first of many to come I'm sure.) but then she just turned around and ignored me. This was definitely different from how she treated me as Adrien. And it was very Princess-like. Heh, I guess that nickname really fits. I was so lost in thought I almost didn't notice when she turned around. Without thinking I did something like what I would normally do to ladybug. I even kissed her hand! I couldn't take another person in my life rejecting me so before she had a chance to respond I leapt out and away. I wasn't going back to my lifeless house yet though. Even wandering the empty Paris streets felt more homely than that mansion. 

AN: Sorry if there are any inconsistencies in this story, also, sorry it took me so long to upload this chapter. I just got a new computer though so the chapters will be much more regular now. hope you enjoy and please feel free to let me know if you see any mistakes :)

1200 words