Chapter 5

Adrien's POV

When I got out of my limo on the way to school the next day Chloe wasn't there to meet me like normal, but luckily I saw someone else running late and I walked over calling her name as she ran towards me and the school.

"Hey Marinette," I called as she went to rush past me.

"Oh ha he Adri- your hot, no, I, I'm hot, haha from the, uh, running, uh hi." She said along with some wild gestures. I wonder why she can't act how she acts around Chat when she's with me. Maybe she doesn't like me and only pretends since she knows we have to see each other in class. Or maybe something about me really does just scare her. The more I think about it the less I want to know the truth. I mean, why would I want to know what it is she doesn't like about me, it would just hurt. And she likes the real me, Chat Noir, so it doesn't matter if she isn't great with Adrien. By now she had already rushed off into class so I followed her.

I snuck in while Ms Bustier was turned writing on the board and slid into my seat next to Nino.

"Hey man," I greeted under my breath.

"Sup dude," He said back calmly "Why are you late anyways?"

But before I had a chance to respond the teacher had already turned back around to continue her lecture.

Just before lunch started I saw something strange out the window. A lady flew by riding on what looked to be a giant bookmark. She had a completely dark blue bodysuit with light blue stripes on either side. At her waist it poofed out in a big skirt that was covered in writing but I didn't have time to tell what it said as she flew by. I immediately knew it was another victim of HawkMoth and I quickly stood up saying I had to use the bathroom before running out of class.

As I closed the stall door in the bathroom (After checking I was the only one in there of course." I opened my shirt for Plagg to fly out.

"You ready to fight a baddie Plagg?"

"Not really I kinda want some camemb-" But before he could finish his attempt for some cheese I called out those magic words. "Plagg claws out!" and he was sucked into my ring. A light passed over me and I became Chat Noir. I could already feel the power coursing through my veins as I sprung out of the bathroom and to go find the Akuma.

I immediately saw her. When she pointed the palm of her hand on the bookmark-thing she was flying around on it threw paper up to her hand which she then threw at the scared citizens of Paris. When they got hit they disappeared and in their place was a piece of paper with writing all over it and at the top, where the chapter title would go, it said their name. I immediately knew I needed to distract her from the civilians so she couldn't hurt anyone else.

"Hey that's litter-ing y'know." Haha get it, like a litter of kittens I thought to myself with a grin but she didn't look as amused.

"You're just going to make this story all the more interesting Chat Noir!" She called out as she summoned more paper to her hand and started throwing it at me. I dodged them all with my cat-like agility. All of a sudden M'lady dropped down beside me.

"What have we got here?" she asked as we kept dodging the papers flying at us. I went to respond but little miss storybooks jumped in with an answer.

"I am The Bibliophile and you will give me your Miraculous!" She stopped throwing her papers for a moment as she said it and I used the window to move right over to my Bugaboo.

"Any idea on where her Akuma might be M'lady?" I asked under my breath.

"No clue kitty. Maybe she has a hairpin or something we cant see from here." And with that she leaped closer, me following right behind. As we got close I could finally see what the writing on her skirt was. It was all the titles of famous books.