xvii

𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗹

---〘⇯〙---

techno and phil had been meeting up with pax for several weeks now.

phil laughed. "techno won't say it, but you're starting to get fairly good." techno let out a hum.

"i mean, you're okay i guess. but only because i'm the one teaching you." pax let out a quiet laugh, one that didn't go unnoticed by phil.

"so they do know how to laugh!"

"of course i do," they snarked. "you guys have just never been funny enough up til this point."

the second the words were out of their mouth their stomach plunged. was that too harsh? they tensed.

phil let out a laugh. "oh no, my heart." he dramatically held a hand to his heart, clenching the fabric of his robes in his hand.

"i can't believe i've been so wounded by my own protege," techno drawled sarcastically, slinging his practice sword over the shoulder. pax couldn't help but smile. 

the sun slanted through the trees, solid beams of light spreading across the forest floor. "i need to go soon." phil raised a brow. 

"if you live a little far away, it might be better for you to stay with us; even if it was just for the night." pax shifted. they were silent.

pax nodded. phil smiled, standing up and crossing over to them. "only if it's alright with you."

"wouldn't have offered if we weren't okay with it." he patted their head and rested his hand on their shoulder. he gave wide smile, his eyes crinkling at the corners."let's head out."

AN:

just some fluff beforehand :)