1. New Neighbors

"A dream doesn't become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work."

Colin Powell said that. I don't know who he is, but I like that quote. I made my dreams come true through sweat, determination, and hard work. I'm a detective now; I have a condo and a nice, orange Honda RCV HRC.My partner is my best friend and roommate. His name is Lucus, we grew up together.

We're heading to work in his car right now. Once we get there we go straight to the elevator, swiping our access card to get in.

As soon as we sit in our office, chief comes in and drops a new file on my desk with MISS JACKSON printed on it. "What's this?" I ask. "A new case." she says. "Obviously." I mumble. "Who is this?" I continue. "A murderer, she goes by the name Miss Jackson. She murdered five people in New York, apparently she came here."

"What the hell is she doing in Los Angeles?" I begin to look through the file. "She killed two people already and she just moved here yesterday." she says.

"Moved?" Lucus asks. "Yes." she replies.

"There's no pictures of her." I state. "Only the back of her head." I add. "Yes, she's very smart, nobody knows who she really is. This case is yours, you have to bring her in, dead or alive. Got it?" "Yes ma'am." Lucus replies before she walks out of our office. "This should be fun." I smirk.

ΔΔΔ

I sit at the dinner table as I look through Miss Jackson's file. "Lucus listen to this!" I say out loud. "It says here that she only killed males, between the ages of 21 and 26, in order. That was when she was in New York. Then she moved here and killed two females, 21 and 22 years old."

"Why do you think she's starting from 21 and then going in order?" Lucus asks.

"I don't know, its weird."

We hear a loud bang from the hallway of the building. We walk out of the condo and see a big box down the hall in front of the condo next to us. A girl with short, straight hair comes out. She sees us and smiles, showing perfect, white teeth. "I'm guessing you're our new neighbor." Lucus smiles. "Yeah I'm Kacey. My best friend and I came from New York." She smiles. "New York? Where in New York?" I ask. "You won't believe it but we lived in Times Square, way too crowded." She chuckles.

"Well I'm Lucus, this is Brendon." "Nice to meet you." She smiles and looks at me. "Katherine would like you." She smiles. "I'm sorry?" I reply, obviously confused. "My best friend, her name's Katherine." She laughs. "Oh. Well it was nice meeting you. Goodnight." I walk away before she could say anything else.

I go into my room and sit the Miss Jackson file on my bedside table. I take off my shirt and pants before laying in bed. "Miss Jackson" I mumble. "You're definitely nasty." I add before dozing off.