9. The Scalpel

"If you love someone, tell him or her. Forget about the rules or the fear of looking ridiculous. What is truly ridiculous is passing up on an opportunity to tell someone that your heart is invested in him or her."

The sounds of someone screaming wakes me up. I sit up and look to my right. Katherine is gripping to her stomach and screaming, but she's still asleep. I gently shake her and her eyes open wide and she instantly punches me, causing me to fall off the bed. Well that hurt. I get up and see that she's fast asleep. That's weird. I put on my pants and go into the kitchen. I pour myself some water and chug the whole thing. I rinse out the cup and turn around to see Katherine standing on the other side of the counter. "Are you ok?" I ask her. I notice her chest is rising up and down fast like she has been running around all night. "I know who she is." she whispers. "Who?" I ask. "Jackson." she replies before passing out.

ΔΔΔ

"She told me that she knows who Miss Jackson is." I say to Lucus. After Katherine passed out, I put her back to bed and left. Now I'm in the office with Lucus, looking through the evidence we found at the crime scenes of Miss Jackson. "Are you sure?" he asks. "Positive." I reply. "What exactly did she say?" I explained to him everything that happened last night. "She was probably sleep walking and she probably talks in her sleep." Lucus says. "Maybe." I mutter. "And she was probably dreaming about Miss Jackson which caused her to talk about it in her sleep." Lucus continued. "Yeah, you're right." I say as we look at the weapon Miss Jackson used to kill Jane. She used a scalpel which is what surgeons used to cut open anything they need to on the body to perform any type of surgery.

"Did Chase check for fingerprints?" I ask. "No, he told me to bring it today." Lucus replied. "Alright, lets go."

We get into the elevator to go up to the fifth floor. We go into the forensics department and go into Chase's office. "Here's the weapon we want you to check." Lucus says as he hands it to him. "A scalpel? So cliche." Chase chuckles. "When can you get it done?" I ask. "Probably by tomorrow night, depending on how she tried to get her fingerprints off of it." he replies. We leave the office and go back into ours.

ΔΔΔ

I walk out of the elevator and towards my door. I look down the hall to where Katherine and Kacey's door is at. Should I? No I'm tired. But I really want to see her. I should go. My thoughts were interrupted by the sound of a door opening. Katherine walks out. She looks amazing wearing a leather jacket, half way zipped showing her white, v-neck tshirt, blue jeans and red heels. She closes the door and locks it. "Hey gorgeous." I say before stopping myself. She looks at me and smiles as she walks towards me. When she's close enough I wrap my arms around her waist and pull her as close to me as I can. "Hi." she says. "How was your day?" I ask as I lay my forehead on hers. "Boring, would've been better if you were with me." she smiles. "How was yours?" she asks. "Tiring." I reply. "Poor baby." she chuckles before placing a small kiss on my lips. "Where are you going?" I ask. "Work."  "Oh well don't show off too much for those strangers, you're all mine." I smile. "All yours." she repeats. I kiss her, a long, passionate kiss before letting her go.

I have a chance to tell her. Should I tell her now? Hurry before she the elevator comes up. "Katherine." I say out loud. She turns and to look at me. I open my mouth but the words won't come out. The elevator doors open and all that came out of my mouth was "Good luck." she smiles at me and goes inside the elevator. "I'm stupid." I mumble to myself.

ΔΔΔ

I walk out of the shower and put on my boxer briefs and pants. I grab the Miss Jackson file and look through it. "Why is she so hard to find?" I mumble. I hear a knock on the door. I put the file on the night stand and go to open the door. Katherine is standing there with her hair messed up and her head down. "What happened?" I asked. She looks up and I see tears falling from her eyes. I try to give her hug but she backs away. I look down at her hands and see blood all over them. "I lost my job." she says. "Why? What happened?" I asked again. She looks at me again and more tears fall to her cheeks. "Come on." I say as I gently pull her inside.

She washes her hands as I sit on the toilet. "I was taking a break and decided to get a drink from the bar." Katherine begins to talk. "A guy came up to me and started flirting with me. After a while he wrapped his arms around me, I pushed him away and told him that I have a boyfriend, but that didn't stop him. He kept sliding his hand up and down my thigh, trying to go up my skirt. My anger and fear continued to fill up inside me and I snapped. I beat him up so bad. He started bleeding from his nose and mouth, but I didn't stop. My boss have to pull me off. After he made sure that the guy was okay,he fired me. I didn't mean to do it, I swear." She begins to cry again. I get up and hug her

"Its okay, he was touching you in a way you didn't like. Its fine." I whisper to her. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "There's nothing to be sorry for." I say as I look into her eyes. She nods and smiles weakly. "So, I'm your boyfriend?" I smile. "Of course." She replies. "I love you." I say. She stares blankly at me and I realize what I just said. I just told her how I really feel about her and she's not saying it back. Shit! "I'm sorry. I should've never said that." I say too quickly as I back away. "No, don't apologize. I was just surprised that you feel the same way I do." She says as she comes closer to me. "So you love me too?" I ask. "Yes, I love you too." She smiles. I smile back and give her a kiss.