chapter 18

The CEO had finally called for a meeting and Ray couldn't have been more happier than he was. He had promised that the man would regret everything that he ever did. His sins and it was just the beginning. The beginning of what was to come yet. He took all that he needed and ended to the board room where of course, he was the first one to be there.

But that didn't bother him, after all, it wasn't his meeting to hold. He was just obeying the CEO's older to be there. Ray pulled out his phone and began to go through it. It was past lunch time and his sister had been no where to be seen since morning. Again, he had an idea as to where she was. That made Ray smile as he looked at the headlines in every social media. Who would have thought?

Ray took in a deep breath and remember of the past. Of all the things that he had to go through as if he had no blood out there, when in fact he had a lot that should have been there for him. His blood was supposed to be there for him. So why feel sorry when he hadn't even began his game? When he was just tasting the water to see how long it would take for the mighty Rollins family to break. Never.

The door was pushed and in walked Chris but that didn't make Ray look up. He wasn't going to acknowledge him if that's what he thought he would. Soon enough, the boardroom was filled and everyone was quite and scared of Chris.

Oh don't get Ray wrong, he was no chicken and neither was he going to start being one any time.

"Who was in charge of packing the clothes that were bead yesterday?" Right to the point. Ray put his phone away and waited with an amusement on his face.

Of course with everyone scare and Chris fuming mad, he doubted anyone could see it. Besides, nobody dared to look at him.

"The marketing team sir," a girl who he still had no idea what her name was answered looking anywhere but Chris. "We had been given that job sir."

Ray had been the one in charge of giving every department there chose. Everything was perfectly fine until he realized that the own of the company preferred to host what was supposed to be a baby shower rather than running his company. He knew very well that the fashion show was important for him. If not, he should have seen the work that he had put in just to make everything work but Chris was Chris.

Always choosing the family over his bastard. Then again, if Ray was being honest with himself, Chris had never chosen him ever since he was a child. Not even once.

"When I have birth to you, I'd to beg the officer to call your father to take you away from that place," his mother Kimberly had once told him that. "I didn't want you growing up in that place. That wasn't the life that I had dreamed for you, love."

So Ray knew that since the beginning Chris hated him. If not, he should have been the one who walked to the police station and ask Kim to hand him over the baby the moment that he was born but he didn't.

He never bother about fighting for him. Not even ones. Ray felt his knuckles hurt under the table and he knew that his fingers had coiled into fist without him knowing it yet. Thinking of the past always had that effect on him but never ones on Chris. It's like he never lost anything important in life.

If only he loved you just as much as he loves his company, that would be enough for you.

His subconscious reminded him and all he could do was try to breath in just to calm the storm that was boiling inside him.

"Do you guys realise that you hurt my son the most." Chris shouted as he looked at the girl who now bowed her head in shame. "The cloth that had the highest bidding was his and it was supposed to be the one that was packed for our client yet all they found in that bag when they got home is what everyone is talking about."