01

Warning: drinking, mentions of vomit, and use of obscene language.

-

The steady beat of the glam rock song filled your ears as adrenaline coursed through your entire body. You had a lazed out smile stretched across your face, paired with droopy eyes despite the bass boosted speaker making the ground shake. Swaying clumsily, you took another sip from your red cup; anticipating the burn down your throat. You slipped into the carved out world in your head, devoid of the time and reason why you craved for escape and plain fun.

"B-B-B-Bennie and the Jets!"

With raised hands and drunken grins, you sang with a whole house full of incoming senior high students, careless if the neighbors couldn't sleep during this ungodly hour or perhaps, the whole of Gangnam-gu hears. The subtle and mellow touch of Bennie and the Jets were overpowered by the soaring energy radiating from the people around you. However, you could barely remember the lyrics and you barely liked the people you were dancing with. Nonetheless, you decided in your head that everything didn't matter as long as you had fun with someone— anyone— shrugging unconsciously.

"Bennie!" one girl shouted. Glancing at her, you remembered for a moment that she was actually the owner of the two-story villa you were partying in. You didn't care, laughing to yourself.

"Bennie!" you, along with the rest of teenagers exclaimed back; clearly far away from being sober.

The crowd engulfed your body; batchmates—classmates— plain acquaintances jumping and dancing to the beat of Elton John's song. Your personal space no longer existed as you pressed up to people that you never knew personally.

You downed your drink, carelessly throwing the empty cup afterwards. The blazing heat stayed down your throat, fueling your euphoria and temporary relief. You wanted to lose control, leaving the crowd to find more soju. Head spinning and vision blurring, you barely made it to the kitchen without bumping into people. You got yourself a shot glass and filled it with whatever alcoholic beverage you got your hands on.

"[Y/N], what the hell?"

Once again, you felt the familiar burn as you drank the shot in one go. You let out a somber sigh, purposely irritating the girl in front of you whose cropped baby pink jacket atop her white bralette and shorts easily recognizable to you.

"Shut up, Chaeyoung. It's summer break! You're harshing the vibe." you slurred, clicking your tongue in annoyance along the sentence.

"I know, but you can barely walk! Stop drinking." Chaeyoung, your classmate since junior high school, seethed at you. She snatched the bottle of soju from your hand, catching you off-guard and consequently igniting an intrusive thought of pulling her side pony-tail perched on her head.

"Hey give tha—"

Your cellphone vibrated in the pocket of your denim shorts, cutting off your words. Fully disgruntled, you fished it out of your pocket and saw your mother calling. Panic surged through your veins, breaking the temporary bubble of happiness you blew on your own.

"Shit. I have to go." you stated after ignoring the call, attempting to walk past Chaeyoung. Suddenly, she snatched your arm.

"What? I thought you're giving me a ride home?" she said in confusion.

You clutched your head, the spin making you even dizzier than before. Opening your eyes, you yanked your arm back from Chaeyoung's clutch. You glared at her, exhaling sharply.

"You can still walk, right? Then walk yourself home." you spat boorishly, grin slipping from your painted lips.

Turning on your heel, you pushed through the crowd of people.