04

"How come no one goes up here?"

"They know I'm always here," Taehyung answered, looking up at the sky then back at you, "So, they stay away." he stated factually.

It was lunch time when you met each other again at the rooftop. Taehyung agreed into discussing the game you wanted to play but recess was over before you could even take a bite. Both of you went back to your classroom, pretending that no interaction happened between you two.

"Hm. I've been warned about you." you said, your voice hinting mischief.

The clouds hid the sun, giving off little streaks of light over your head. You sat down on the ground, opening up the metal lunchbox from the cafeteria.

"Yet you invite me to play games with you?" Taehyung replied, sitting in front of you with his own meal.

You smirked at him, scoffing a little.

"Well, they're just rumors anyway." you grinned, sarcastic and jocular. Taehyung chuckled with the same smirk on his face. He shook his head, realizing how silly you could get.

"You're actually the first one to catch me." he admitted, recalling the previous night.

You stopped chewing your food, feeling an odd sensation at the pit of your stomach. Unfamiliar with such, you ignored it and focused on Taehyung's bashful smile.

"Liar." you accused him, "You won't have these rumors if no one ever saw." you snapped.

"They saw me running away. That's different from actually watching me paint and knowing my name." he argued back before stuffing his mouth with rice. You rolled your eyes at him, noticing that he pouts while he chews.

You two sat in silence for a moment, finishing up your lunch. Taehyung would occasionally look up from his food and steal glances at you, memorizing the way you looked.

"Fine. You've never been caught." you said in defeat, glaring afterwards when you saw him smiling. He shook his head, teasingly raising his eyebrows at you. Instantly knowing what he meant, you sighed in annoyance. "You've never been caught—" you repeated, "—by the police, or anyone else but me." Taehyung nodded at you in full agreement.

"Congrats. You're the true winner here." he sarcastically remarked. You scoffed at him, deepening your glare.

"Whatever. You still get chased and that's tiring." you stuck your tongue out at him childishly. Taehyung smiled once more, avowedly drawn to you.

"I don't get chased that often. I paint almost every night." he nonchalantly said before standing up. You followed him, watching over the people playing frisbee on the field.

Turning your head to his direction, you caught sight of his dark brown eyes glimmering in the apricot glow of the sun. You averted your gaze, suddenly asking why you were so intrigued by Taehyung's overall presence. You decided it didn't matter too much since you wouldn't be in Daegu for too long to care enough about him.

"Let's bet," you said, ending the comfortable silence, "... about how many times you'll get chased while painting over whatever property you want. One whole week. Winner takes all the money."

Taehyung pulled up a smug smile, leaning his arm on the ledge as he turned to you. His amusement in your words and actions were clear.