Chapter Four

Anna loved her room. It was huge just like Lee had told her, one gigantic, big space for her to do whatever she wanted with it. He'd told her they'd used it to practice in until they got their own music studio downtown. It had been turned into a one-bedroom studio apartment just for her. She walked around it in amazement. "You did all of this for me?" She glanced at Lee as he watched her.

"Well, I knew you were moving in a couple of weeks, so I got to work. I didn't really know what you liked so I stuck with the basics as far as decorating, but you can change whatever you want to your taste."

"I love it!" Anna grinned. "I'm not really stylish so basic is just fine. Thank you! The furniture is so nice, really too nice for me, is it expensive? I suck at taking care of expensive things. I had a very small one-bedroom apartment when I was working for Cathy. She came over once to get some documents and asked why I hadn't moved into something bigger from what she was paying me, but I didn't mind. It was just enough for a person like me. This is beyond what I'm used to, not that I'm not grateful, I'll make it work...I mean I'll get used to it...oh gosh...I'm messing everything up."

Lee laughed. "Calm down Anna. It's going to be hard for you to be so modest living with me now, just try to adjust the best you can." He grinned at her. "By the way, I'm throwing a little private get together for your first night with us. All the guys will be downstairs in an hour so get ready to meet the family."

"Meet the family..." Anna repeated as Lee left. "Okay..." She was nervous, very nervous. She'd never worked for a group of men before, a group of men who were very popular musicians who were on the top list for pop music.

She showered, threw on a pair of jeans and a dressy top and flats since she didn't really know what to wear to this dinner. He hadn't told her if it was formal. She left her hair down and put on a little make-up and stood in front of the mirror. This was as good as it got. She'd never fit in around a group of gorgeous men like Cathy Sanova had, but hey...she wasn't getting paid to look good, she was getting paid to basically be their slave.

Anna took in a deep breath and left the security of her room to meet the four men she'd seen on TV but never met in person. She walked down the steps and was surprised to see Lee waiting for her at the bottom. He grinned up at her as she came down. "I was about to come get you, but I forgot who was working for me, meticulously on time as always. You look nice." He gave her his arm in a formal gesture, and she took it gratefully.

Anna felt a little better that Lee was by her side instead of entering the room full of guys on her own. However, she realized she'd been expecting too much from them when she realized there was nothing formal or proper about this meeting. They were not at a dining room, but a large room with a pool table, a large flat screen tv and several boxes of pizzas sitting on a small table to the side.

"Yo!" Lee said loudly to get their attention. "Turn the TV down! We got company."

The men looked up. One of them turned down the television and they all stopped what they were doing to lean against the pool table and stare at Anna.

"You guys, this is Anna Monanta." Lee introduced her. "She will be working and living with us as our personal assistant so if you need help with anything she's the one to come to."

"Hannah Montana?" The redheaded guy named Krish grinned at her with a devil may care smile. He had spikey red hair and piercing amber eyes. He was tall and lanky and wore leather pants and a torn white t-shirt which was his usual grunge style. Anna raised an eyebrow at him.

"No, I said Anna Monanta," Lee corrected while the other guys chuckled. "He's just messing with you," he told Anna.

"Well, you got to admit her names does sound like it," Krish said. "I'm Krish," he told her stretching his hand out to shake hers.