Chapter Nine

Lee stared up at the blue sky deep in thought. He had to tell her. He couldn't hold back any longer. Ever since that night at the club he couldn't stop thinking about her. Something had changed and that something was demanding him to stop playing around and be serious with her. Perhaps, it was their time together Sunday when he'd taken her to see Cathy babies and then out to brunch. They'd sat outside a restaurant watching people pass by enjoying each other company. No one had bothered him, Lee had tied his hair up and hid it under a hat. He'd worn shades to hide his face. Yes, no one had bothered him, but Anna had turned the eyes of several men passing by. She was dressed in jeans and a peasant top and her hair was down, her curls blowing in the wind. She was beautiful and others had noticed. He hadn't liked it one bit, these strange men staring at his Anna.

His...Anna...

The words had struck with him. He realized, if she really did decide to date someone like she had almost done with that reporter, it would kill him...and it had put everything in perspective.

"Lee, Lee!" Anna yelled his name hysterically as she searched the pool for him. Jobe had told her he'd left to take a swim after working out in the gym with him.

She found him lying in his chair with a can of Pepsi beside him. For a moment she forgot about the disturbing news she was trying to tell him about and became totally mesmerized by the sexy god in front of her. He wore nothing but a dark red speedo that contrasted beautifully against his tanned skin. Rows of muscles lined up a flat stomach tempting her to run her fingers over his flawless glistening skin. His long hair hung free and lose down his back and covered the ground. He took off the dark shades he was wearing when he saw her standing over him.

"Anna, is everything ok? You look a little flustered. The guys haven't been teasing you again, have they?"

Anna tried not to hyperventilate. Did he have any clue how he looked lying there? She felt slightly faint. Oh my god, what had she gotten into working for someone like him. She had never seen him in all his splendid glory until now. Her idol was half naked in front of her and he was perfect, beyond perfect...how on earth had Cathy been able to resist him?

"Can you please put on some clothes..." she demanded and turned away from him before her body went into overdrive from all the sexiness radiating from him.

Lee grinned, finally realizing the affect he was having on her. He sat up and grabbed the newspaper she was holding. "What's this? Another article about us?"

"Yes!" Anna said. "It's definitely an article about "us", not you and the guys, just US!"

Lee stared at the images of him and Anna in Luke's club. He was bending her backwards, both staring in each other eyes. He remembered how he had almost kissed her had it not been for someone interrupting them. "How on earth did they take this? It was supposed to be a private club."

"Nothing we do in public is private, nothing! Do you see? They are saying we're a couple now!"

Lee read the article. He looked up at Anna when he'd finished. She still had her back turned to him. Smiling, he stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist causing her to jump in surprised.

"What are you..." she tried to get free, but that only made him hold her closer. "Lee!"

"I guess we don't have a choice..." Lee whispered in her ear, his lips brushing against her sensitive earlobe.

Anna tore herself away from him. Her face completely red when she turned to him. "What the hell...Lee!! Stop messing with me, this is serious! It is all over the news and online. It's on Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and..."

"Anna it's been three days since we've been at the club. How are you just not knowing about this? You really do need to watch the news. Why are you so upset?"