4.

Hazels POV
I feel a hand lightly tapping on my shoulder and I grumble and push it off and try to turn my body to the opposite side the annoying hand was coming from. Hitting my head on a cold surface I yank my head back confused and not knowing where I was.

Then the memories started to flood back in slowly and painfully I might add. I left the only place I knew.

All because of him.

I shake my head and remember the tapping on my shoulder whipping my head to the side seeing a young man observing my obviously confused and pained state.

"Hey, the driver wanted me to wake you up. This is the last stop for the night. You got to get off here." He said lightly signaling his head towards the driver who looked like he wanted to get off this bus and probably go home to his family.

I nod my head slowly standing up and walking behind the young stranger throwing a quick apology towards the driver as I exit the bus.

I looked around and it was pitch black, nothing looked familiar and my eyes started to swell with tears. What do I do now?

"Um, are you ok?" The young stranger asks hearing my uneven breathing. Eyeing me nervously he was obviously concerned.

"Where am I?" I asked trying to even out my breaths and readjusting my backpack straps on my back.

"Cherry Falls. You're on the Cherry Moon's territory by the way. The alpha doesn't take very well to strangers who don't meet him before coming on his territory." He grins slightly reaching up to scratch the back of his neck.

"How did you know I am a werewolf?" I asked slightly starting to panic. Reaching up i wipe the sweat coming off of my forehead.

Did I say something in my sleep? I hope not. I came here for a fresh start with no reminders of my old life.

"I can smell you. Seems like you just left your pack?" He said with a questioning gaze eyes filled with curiosity.

Fuck. Panic sets in. I hope Alpha Cole hasn't came for me. Cherry Falls was a good few states away.* No way he could've found me right?

"Yeah, decided I wanted a change since I had no connections to the pack. I want a fresh start." I said grimacing obviously shutting down any further questions about the situation.

He looks visibly relieved that I wasn't just a crazed rouge and lets his shoulders fall down knowing I wasn't a threat.

"Oh, Cherry Moon would be a perfect place. We have a lot of opportunities here in the pack and surrounding town. What's your name by the way?" He asked motioning for me to follow him away from the bus stop we had gotten off at.

Fuck. I couldn't say Hazel. Think fast. Looking around I spotted a lone daisy sprouting from the ground.

"Daisy." I said satisfied with my answer.

He nodded. "My name is Jakob." I smiled feeling more comfortable knowing the young strangers name.

"I hate to cut our introductions short but I really need to find a hotel for the night. Do you know of any that aren't expensive?" I said not having a phone to look it up myself.

He put a finger to his chin for a second obviously trying to recall if there was any hotels around where we had gotten off of the bus.

"Yeah, there's one not far from here. Not sure how expensive their rooms are though. I'll walk you there. Tomorrow you should meet alpha, so he doesn't see you as a threat. Maybe he can even help you find what you're looking for." He said kindly.

"Thanks..." I said smiling at him once again turning my head back towards the front of us and lowkey mumbling, "I don't even know what i'm looking for though honestly."

He awkwardly patted my back trying to comfort me and I raised my head slightly suppressing a laugh at the awkward gesture and look on his face.

"No need to worry about me. Today was probably the worst birthday ever I think though. I didn't even get to get a cake." I said remembering the girls had planned a party for me after school. That cake would not get enjoyed like it was meant to.

That is so sad.

"Today's your birthday?" He instantly grabbed my arm and changed directions. "We are going to get you a cake damn it. Everybody deserves a cake for their birthday." He said obviously feeling very strong about finding me a birthday cake.

Jakob was a very interesting character. He reminded me a lot of the girls. I sighed internally pushing thoughts of them to the back.

"We really don't have to! I don't really feel like spending extra money before I can find a job." I said tugging my arm from his grasp to have him grab it back.

"My treat. No offense but you honestly look like shit. You deserve to have something nice for your birthday." He said grinning as a little cafe starts to come into view.