20

Daniel and I got out of his car and walked up to the oversized house for Friday night dinner with the Williams, "You ready?" he asked. I was slightly worried about what his family would think of my attire seeing how it's not normal for these peoples.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I asked.

"These families are kind of out there," he said.

"I've survived a week at the prep school I think I can survive my only friend's family," I laughed.

We knocked on the door and their maid opened the door and took our coats, "Ah Daniel welcome," A man said walking up and shaking Daniel's hand.

"Brant thank you for inviting us, Liam and Zoe have become good friends in just a short week," Daniel said.

"Yes, yes they have. Liam has told me much about you dear Zoe," Brant said to me.

"Likewise, it's very nice to meet you," I smiled.

"Brant don't keep them in the doorway," A woman said.

"Yes, my dear I do apologize. Please come in you two," Brant said.

We walked in and they led us to the Living room where I saw Liam and a younger girl, "Zoe you know Liam and this is our daughter Lexi," Brant said.

"Hi Lexi," I smiled and she smiled back.

We all sat down in the living room and the adults had alcohol while we kids had club sodas.

"So Zoe we hear you are 16 as a Junior?" Brant asked.

"Yes, I took some test to skip a grade," I said.

"So have you started looking at colleges?" he asked.

"No, I figure I have time for that," I said.

"Not really, Liam is already looking at Harvard and Yale," Brant said.

"Oh Brant give her a break, maybe she wants to be a stay-at-home mom," Sherry the wife said.

"No I want to work," I said.

"Well, what do you want to do?" Brant asked.

"I'm not very sure," I said.

"Well darling you have time for that," Sherry said.

"Mrs. Williams dinner is ready," the maid said walking in.

We all stood up and followed everyone into the dining room where dinner was served. "So, Daniel how does it feel to have a kid In the house?" Sherry asked.

"Well she's hardly a kid, she keeps to herself most of the time anyway. But it has been nice that Liam has been over a few times this week," Daniel said.

"Oh really? That's great, the kids would be great together," Brant said and Liam winked at me.

"Yes they would but I'm not so sure if Zoe is open to a relationship right now seeing how her ex broke up with her before she moved here," Daniel said.

"Daniel," I said.

"Nonsense why be so caught up on a silly little ex when she could have Liam," Brant said.

"That's her choice," Daniel said.

"Zoe isn't Liam good enough for you?" Brant ask.

"Well yes," I said.

"And he's good-looking?" Brant asked.

"He is," I said.

"You enjoy spending time with him?" he asked.