C H A P T E R III

C H A P T E R III
|| Just Fell ||

NARRATOR'S POV:
UNKNOWN LOCATION

Astra landed on the cold floor, face first, she groaned. Her eyes were closed and her ears were ringing. Her body was sore. The moment Astra jumped through the portal, she felt like her soul was being sucked out of her body; She felt exhausted and drained. Her face was pale, the colour of her eyes looked drained. It took a lot of force for her to get up from the floor.

Once she was on her feet, she felt like she was about to collapse. Her head was throbbing, a bitter taste was forming in her mouth making her pull a face. Her eyes continued to flutter as her pupils adjusted to the bright light of the room. Her green eyes wandered around the room, spotting every little detail.

The room was lit by a metal chandelier, candles floated around it as it was placed in the middle of the room. A wooden desk was located a couple metres away from Astra; It was surrounded by bookshelves, various of different topics were found within the shelves that were pressed against the brick wall. A staircase that curved up to the second floor, was placed two metres away from the edge of the wooden desk.

A red rug with dark and white details was seen underneath the desk, making the place look more comfortable. A stack of yellow parchment was set on the desk with an ink and quill next to it; A clear glass orb with a wooden stand was set down on the opposite side of the desk, you could see through the orb - it magnified the items as you looked through it.

"Where the actual fuck are we?!" Alexander's voice boomed across the room, making Astra turn around towards him and furrowed her eyebrows. He was holding his right arm with his left hand and he limped to Astra.

"Ughhh!" A groan was heard from below them; Turning both their heads downwards, their vision blocked by Peter's body as he rolled sideways on the floor. Both Alexander and Astra looked at each other, puzzled while reaching for Peter with their hands to help him up.

"Alexander Mikaelson Ryder!" Astra's voice made both Peter and Alexander flinch, "Where the fuck are we?!"

As Peter got up and was now standing on his feet, Astra's arms were crossed and her eyes were glaring towards Alexander. She looked intimidating as always, she knew that he did something wrong with his runes. The more pissed off Astra was, the more scary she is and that says something.

"I don-," Alexander was cut off by Isabella's voice.

"Where are we ?!" Isabella and Ethan came through Astra's vision, they were standing right next to each other. Isabella saw Peter's state and she immediately rushed to his side without a doubt; Astra didn't miss how Ethan's face fell, she knew very well that Ethan fancied Isabella and she also knew that Peter also fancied Isabella.

"I have no clue." Alexander mumbled as his eyes lingered around the room. Astra noticed how every book on the shelves were arranged perfectly, she also noticed that there was a specific spot on the shelf that was empty. Oaklynn came into Astra's mind; She hasn't seen Oaklynn for the past five to ten minutes.

"Where the fuck did Oaklynn go?" Astra asked as she squinted her eyes while her head was turning in every and each direction just to seek out Oaklynn.

"I have no clue," Ethan finally spoke up, "The last time I've seen her was when we jumped, haven't seen her since."

That was odd, Astra thought; She swore she saw Oaklynn jump after Alexander, she should be here with him right at this moment. Alexander, Astra and Ethan started to wander around the room to find their friend, while Isabella made sure Peter was okay. As the three separated, Ethan stayed at his place just for a moment, looking at Peter and Isabella with green jealousy stirred in his eyes. Isabella felt like someone was watching her so she turned her head towards Ethan; A pang of boulders hit her heart as her eyes lingered on Ethan's figure, she frowned in emotional pain.

Isabella turned her gaze back to Peter just to see if he was looking but he was just concentrating on massaging his ankle, which was still injured by the way. She twisted her head, again, to see if Ethan was still there.

But the spot where Ethan was standing was empty.

Copyright © 2021
PRADA1SMYB1TCH