Just the beginning

Chapter One.

Scarlett's P.O.V

I woke up to the smell of...... What is that smell?

I slowly turned my head looking at my alarm clock it blinked 2:00pm, I grunted angrily flopping upwards yawning. I blinked the sleepiness out my eyes and got up clumsy tripping over the end of my bed, I slowly walked down the hallway and down the stairs turning the corner-

Suddenly a plate smashed, I looked to see my mom staring at me and a plate about two feet away broken.

"Umm, what happened?" I asked walking towards her raising an eyebrow, I then sniffed the air." And what is that smell?"

"Umm.... Breakfast?" She said turning away eyeing me suspiciously.

See this is what bothers me the most like they are hiding something from me or something because if I ever sneak up on them or something they would jump and act weird.

"Hey Mom where is Dad?" I asked sitting down grabbing my iPod off the table, suddenly I felt the room go almost tense for a minute and quickly turned behind me to see my dad standing there his shining dark grey eyes and dirty pepper hair hovering over me.

"What the-" I turned to my mom shocked. "When did he get here? Did he just get here? What? How?!" I yelled, I hated being confused and not knowing things.

"He was behind you the whole time." She said

She shortly turning her back to me turning to the stove her black hair in a pony tail, her brown eyes focusing on the eggs she was making, and her caramel skin covered in flour, and yes my mom is African American and my dad isn't and no I am not mixed for some reason; don't ask I don't even no either.

"Breakfast is done." she said turning around the pan full of scrambled eggs with bacon and sausage mixed together.

I looked at the eggs sniffing, that was what that smell was. I frowned the smell reminding me of- I shook my head letting it go.

"I don't eat eggs." I stated for the 100th time.

"Oh, dang it I forgot." She said smacking her lips frustrated." I can make you something else if you want?"

"No, I have to go out down town." I said getting up walking away.

"Scarlett." My dad called.

"Whatttt?" I said irritated.

"Be careful." He said.

"Yeah, because a dark dude in a cloak is gonna kill me with a tree branch." I said laughing smiling, I looked over at them with a terrified and shocked face." I was just kidding, jeez."

"Umm, yeah just be careful." My dad said putting his arm around my shoulders and kissing my forehead.

"Dad, I'm 14 please none of that." I said pushing him and jogging outside." Bye!" I yelled slamming the door, the cold fall air breeze flowed by and I tightened my grip on my scarf and coat.

I went in my drive way and got my royal blue colored bike, I stood it up and took off the chilly air nipping at my nose. I rode down the street dodging a cat and rode down town.

*****************

England right now is alive, winter around the corner with Christmas and new years coming soon. I rode through the streets ,sidewalks and through people down to the outlet. I made my way to this store where they sell all kinds of music and CD's, I parked my bike in the bike rack and strode in.

"Hey Tolison!" I yelled walking through the door; a bell going off Tolison looking up from the counter.

"Hey Scarlett." He said smiling. Tolison was in about his mid 30's with brown hair, dull brown eyes and pale skin, and also tall, slim and shady.