conversation

They left the room and headed down a couple flights of stairs and went outside. When they got outside they went around the back of the building and started to follow a path that led to the beginning of the woods. George was hesitant to go in but trusted Dream enough to know Dream wouldn't kill him if he went in. 

Both of them traveled the path for about 10 minutes in complete silence, just enjoying the nature and the company of one another. 

George was thinking about saying something but his breath got taken away when they came across a hill that led to the edge of a cliff. It was a beautiful angle to see the sunset. There was a tree perfectly angled to see the waters under the cliff and see the sun reflecting off of it. 

Dream picked up his pace and ran towards the tree, George quickly following behind. They both were out of breath and sat down on either side of the tree. Their backs were to the tree so they were facing away from each other. 

The two of them sat in silence for a good 5 minutes, leaving both of the, with their thoughts. With that time it had Dream asking himself lots of questions about George. 

"Hey George?"

He hummed in response. 

"So, uh, why have you been so calm throughout your whole time here? I mean its been a little over 2 days and you haven't seemed scared or nervous or anything; you haven't even complained about wanting to go home."

George tensed up, but Dream was unable to see. He hesitated a little bit before answering. 

"Well um nobody really notices that I've actually left. My teachers just think I'm ditching class all day and my parents assume I go to school and then just stay in my room the whole time they are home."

"Well wouldn't your friends come looking for you?" 

"Actually, I don't have any friends, everyone either hates me, is scared of me, or thinks I'm a snob." 

"You don't seem too bad though." 

"Yeah maybe here but at school I'm the classic bad boy. I pull off stupid ass stunts and am always in detention late hours after class. My parents hate me as much as the teachers and that's why I haven't complained to go home because I love avoiding them at all costs." 

"My childhood was something like that too, I was always manipulated and verbally abused. When I was a kid I wasn't actually given a name until I was, and that name is confidential because it reminds me of everything that happened to me." 

"That must've fucking sucked, I hate hearing about people's past tragedies and trauma. That's why I wasn't being reluctant about helping you out with David." 

"Yeah I questioned it a little bit but brushed it off, you did well George. Maybe we could do some more work together in the future." 

"Maybe." 

:notes:

Shoutout to Ava for helping me write this and staying on ft while watching Ozark lmfao. 

(this chapter was written so long ago please-)

Good show btw, I recommend it a lot but make sure you're about 13+ cause it's rated tv-ma and stuff happens....

Love you 

-dramatic