01.

It has been months since Karl and his ex broke up, the harm and pain that Karl had. It hurt, it hurt still. The last time Karl saw his ex was last school year, freshman year. Not a very good year, not at all. That school year sucked, that's what Karl kept repeating in his head. The memories were emotional, yet it wasn't present but it was like yesterday. The memories haunted Karl's mind and body. The touch and words.

His cold hands creeped up Karl's skin. His eyes looked deadly with dark brown, his mouth was an evil smirk. His voice hurt Karl's ears... it gave Karl a headache. His smell smelt like dead roses in the middle on the night, stinging Karl's nose.
He was just a year older than Karl... a school year above him. Karl met him in 8th grade.. it was after school. He looked funny and nice... he really did in Karl's eyes. But it turned out to be the worse. Karl and him were good at first.. but it all just crumbled down in freshman year. He started to be more controlling and abusive, he touched Karl so much.. so so much when Karl begged to tell him 'stop'.
No matter how much Karl complained and whined he never stopped... his touch was harmful.

It was now a new school year, sophomore year. The day was August 12, a monday.

It was early, about 7:14. School started in a hour.

Karl was in bed, not sleeping but his eyes were closed. Resting in bed, his stomach hurt, aching. He felt sick already, on the first day of school he was already thinking of seeing his ex, that's what made him sick. Just thinking about the memories and pain... he couldn't get his mind off them.

Karl groaned as his alarm went off. Karl rolled over, looking at his clock. 7:15, the time for Karl to wake up.

Karl sighed, "Summer ended so fast... I hate to see him again."

The brunette boy started to get up, shoving the cotton blankets off his warm body. He was sweating, it was hot. It made his stomach even worse, the heat worsened it. I mean he was wearing sweatpants and a shirt, but still - this usually never happened.

Karl grunted as he sat up on his bed, looking at his phone that was placed on his wooden desk. There was a missing notification. Karl sighed and got up, he grabbed the phone off the desk. A text from Alex.

<texting>

Alex :)
hey im going to pick you up today so we can head to school together. sounds good ?

Karl
yeah sure, when you comin?

Alex :)
in abt 12 minutes ig, get ready.

Karl
k, cya

Karl placed the phone down and stretched his arms, a yawn came from the boy's mouth. Karl's stomached still ached, feeling worse.

"Ugh, Jesus. This man does really make me sick." The wonders of worry entered Karl's mind once again. It's like he could never get a break, why did it hurt so much to even think about him..?

Karl looked over to his dresser and started to walk towards it, approaching it. Karl stopped and grabbed a drawer, pulling it open.

"What to wear..?" Karl mumbled to himself, shoving though his clothes in his drawer.

Karl pulled out a blue sweater and some black jeans.
"This would look good with my white collar shirt.. where is it?" Karl started to shove through the clothes again, he pulled out his white collar shirt out the drawer. "Perfect." Karl smiled and got up.

~

Karl was now waiting outside his house, patiently waiting for Alex to drive over. Karl was eating an apple as he waited, he couldn't make waffles or bacon quick, so he decided to be healthy.